Felted Granny Bowl

librarycat513

The bowl starts as a generic granny square and when it's as big as you want it to be then you stop increasing at the corners so that it builds up the sides.

:blush I'm sorry, I'm not trying to sound stupid, but does this mean that the bowl starts out square and ends of round??? :think

I used one of my tupperware bowls to block it while it dried. It was the only thing that was the right size :)

I really like this! Very nice! Let me ask you, how did you get it to block so nicely? Did you put something inside it while it dried?

Really cool idea...

:blush I'm sorry, I'm not trying to sound stupid, but does this mean that the bowl starts out square and ends of round??? :think

You don't sound stupid, and yeah that's pretty much how it works. After felting the wool is sort of pliable before it dries and you can pretty much block it to any shape. I imagine if you had a box that the project would fit around, it would be square.

Hmmm ... I'll have to try that out next time.

You don't sound stupid, and yeah that's pretty much how it works. After felting the wool is sort of pliable before it dries and you can pretty much block it to any shape. I imagine if you had a box that the project would fit around, it would be square.

Hmmm ... I'll have to try that out next time.

Thanks so much for the info, I really want to try this.

• 5 weeks later...

SO this is a regular granny square pattern so it is like just doing 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc around?

I did that last night and I've got to weave in all my ends. I'm going to try washing it tonight. I'm afraid that all the big openings aren't going to shrink up? Your 3dc look like they are at a diagonal and mine are straight up and down. Maybe it will all change once it is washed. Let me know if you actually used a different concept/pattern. THANKS! I hope mine is as pretty as yours!

I want to try this too. It's pretty cool looking. And I'm also a big fan of granny squares. My grandmother, who taught me to crochet, will be amazed if I show her one of these. So I'm wondering if someone is going to start a Felted Granny Bowl CAL now? :-)

What a fabulous job (:clap:clap)! That bowl is sooooo cool (:cheer:cheer)! And practical too! And to quote soozun (in part):

.... So I'm wondering if someone is going to start a Felted Granny Bowl CAL now? :-)

Sounds like a great idea --:clap:clap !!

• 8 months later...

Archived