CGof A Conventions...Who's going this year?

LadyBeBop

I know a lot of y'all had a good time at the convention last year in King of Prussia. I envied y'all as I read through all of your posts.

I may be able to get to one of the conventions this year. :yay

But I don't know which one I would go to.

The two conventions are in Manchester, NH (second weekend in July) and Oakland, CA (last weekend in Sept).

Travel expenses to either isn't a problem. DD just landed a job with one of the airlines, so I can get cheap airfare.

Either one would be cool with me. DH would go with me, and I think he's leaning towards Oakland. He's never been to California, and we'd spend a few days in the San Francisco area.

However, I'm thinking most of y'all who'd be going would head to NH.

So is anyone making definate plans on attending either of the conventions? And if so, which one? :)

Me! (Waves hand from back of room). I'll be going to the one in New Hampshire in July. I've already got my hotel reservations. We'll be driving up from CT (probably about 3 hr. drive).

This will be my first fiber conference of any kind. I plan to sign up for some classes also. Anyone have any suggestions for 'must take' classes? This is the list of classes:

http://www.e-offinger.net/knitandcrochet/summerclasses.cfm

Joan

As a New Englander, I vote for the New Hampshire show - we had a blast last time!

You may also be interested in the post-conference Freeform Cruise to Bermuda, leaving Boston on July 15, featuring Prudence Mapstone,

crochet designer extraordinaire:

http://www.fastnettravel.com/cruises/bermuda2007/index.php

Well I did up my taxes today, and I found out we're getting a bigger refund than originally anticipated. :D Most will go towards bills. :angry But DH said we can take some of it to go up to NH. :clap

We'll probably get there either Thursday or Friday and stay until Sunday. But while I'm doing my thing, what is there for DH to do? Is anyone else bringing their DH or significant other?

And I don't think he wants to learn how to make wooden crochet hooks.

I will be at the New Hampshire event. Bringing the kidlet and my sister to watch her when I am in classes! I haven't been to Manchester in ages, but I seem to recall there is lots of outlet shopping. I haven't checked out much else for them to do to be honest - my daughter loves hanging around pretty hotels, and she is modeling in the fashion show on Saturday night so she is looking forward to that too.

Calling all those who "live free or die"... How far is Manchester from Laconia or Tilton? If you know, that would be great!

According to mapquest, it's about 35 miles from Manchester to Tilton, then another 15 minutes to Laconia.

We'll probably get there either Thursday or Friday and stay until Sunday. But while I'm doing my thing, what is there for DH to do? Is anyone else bringing their DH or significant other?

I am... but mine can occupy himself fine for hours on end. He was talking about driving over to Portsmouth NH for the day.... I need to check and see how far that is. We'll probaby meet back at the hotel and then go out for dinner in the evening. I know they have a dinner/fashion show one night... not sure how he'll feel about that. Fashion is NOT his middle name!:lol

Joan

Calling all those who "live free or die"... How far is Manchester from Laconia or Tilton? If you know, that would be great!

Tilton is straight up Interstate 93 from Manchester...an easy drive. Laconia is a little more off the beaten path and little farther distance north. Tilton is about 35-40 mins from Manchester. Laconia is an extra 10-15 mins on top of that. If you're a shopper, Tilton's got a great shopping center full of factory outlets.

Hope that helps,

Kathy

My mom was born and raised in Tilton, and I will be up there around that time of the convention.. Thats why I asked! I remember when it was all woods before the outlets..

Thanks for the directional assistance!!

Tilton is straight up Interstate 93 from Manchester...an easy drive. Laconia is a little more off the beaten path and little farther distance north. Tilton is about 35-40 mins from Manchester. Laconia is an extra 10-15 mins on top of that. If you're a shopper, Tilton's got a great shopping center full of factory outlets.

Hope that helps,

Kathy

:yayWhoo-Hoo! Tonight I reserved a room for July 13th and July 14th in Manchester, NH at the Radisson Hotel. This will be my first time at one of these events. As of right now there is only one class I'm interested in, but I'm really excited to meet other crocheters and to shop 'til I drop! :hook

My mom was born and raised in Tilton, and I will be up there around that time of the convention.. Thats why I asked! I remember when it was all woods before the outlets..

Thanks for the directional assistance!!

You're welcome! Have a great time on your trip to NH. I can't even imagine Tilton with no outlets and just woods. It's quite the big shopping center....for NH :lol

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm very new to this....what is that show at King of Prussia all about? that's not that far from me...anyone give me a link?

thanks

• 1 month later...

thanks for the info:)

I am considering getting a booth there to show and sell my resin cast purse handles(website almost done)and was wondering how much actual

purchasing you do at that show...or is it mainly a place to check out

what's new, attend classes, etc...

having never been to one of them, it's difficult to decide if it's worth the

money to rent a booth...

any help is greatly appreciated!

Lauren

Well be sure to post the website when done, not only do I love purses, but I love the handles as well!!!

thanks for the info:)

I am considering getting a booth there to show and sell my resin cast purse handles(website almost done)and was wondering how much actual

purchasing you do at that show...or is it mainly a place to check out

what's new, attend classes, etc...

having never been to one of them, it's difficult to decide if it's worth the

money to rent a booth...

any help is greatly appreciated!

Lauren

Archived