Bullion stitch - Advanced?

For those of you who have made bullion stitches, would you consider it to be an advanced or intermediate level? I know on Connie Pierce's patterns, she has intermediate. But if that's intermediate, then what's left for advanced? :think

I'm getting together some different stitches for different levels of classes and it's difficult for me to decide what should be put where. Your opinions would be appreciated.:hook

I've always thought "advanced" had more to do with the complexity of the pattern of the article than the stitches. I've never had a problem with a stitch, it's the counting and figuring out the pattern that takes time and concentration.

Well, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can see I need to give this a little more thought. They'll be working with yarn, not thread, for this particular class. I always associate "advanced" with thread. It's hard for me to imagine anything with yarn being advanced. So maybe it's the pattern itself I need to concentrate on more than the stitches.

thanks!

To be honest in my opinion it is more than just stitches that make someone advanced. Though they are part of it.

Nor should it matter if they work in yarn or thread. It is skills both in the actual work and the understanding of the work that determines someones level of ability

Such as understanding the basics of rows, rnds, endings, beginnings, joinings. The ability to read patterns, do stitch patterns, various stitches, evenness of their stitches, these are all part of the goals of any crocheter.

Then we live in world where no two people seem to think the same so someone elses critera may be different than mine.

Archived