Comfortghan for JessC031778 - Enough squares, Thanks!

Krystal16

Shells sound perfect; they are my favorite "girly" border on afghans and they are quick.

A quick "shell" border that I learned from a dishcloth pattern is to chain 2 or 3 in the first stitch, then hdc or dc in the same stitch, sk one st, sl in the next st. This makes a shallow shell, but it's super fast. You could probably do a tr and make a fatter shell; might have to skp 2.

I finished the one girls' ghan. I was going to make a few rounds of shell for the border, but that one round just looked so darned dainty that I didn't dare mess with it after that. I'll take pics tomorrow... it's supposed to be sunny and beautiful here!

I hope to get the next one joined and bordered tomorrow, but might be setting my sights high on that one...

I just did a quick run-through of the postage rates (guessing, of course on weights and sizes) and the USPS was a few dollars less (Priority). For the convenience, unless a lot changes with weight or size, I think I'll just stick with the good ol' mail.

Krystal, you have done an amazing job! Organizing all of the donations and putting them together into such beautiful afghans. Thank you for having such a generous heart and for all your hard work to bring this project together!

They're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

I have to put together the dolly afghans today, then weave in a few errant ends (not too many, tried to work them in as I went), take a pic and box them all up! I sincerely hope to get to the PO this afternoon, but if not - tomorrow AM for sure! :cheer

Uploading a pic to photobucket now. On each side of the table, you have the girls' ghans, in the middle is Jess' ghan.

On top are two stuffed animals someone sent, some cards that came for Jess, a gift card that came to me for her, and on each side of the animals are the dolly-ghans - one is purple, the other pink.

I also have a generous donation to go with the box as well.

Jeff's mother's ghan is going to go separately (I don't have it done yet). This is already going to be large enough to ship, and I can get it out quickly. :D

Still have ends to weave in, but still hope to get this out today!

th_jessie.jpg

Just wonderful! I don't know how you get them done so fast - I would probably be still on the first row - lol! Thanks for doing this Krystal - it was a lot of work with a lot of love.

:ty :ty :ty oh krystal, they are lovely. you did a fast and GREAT JOB. their going to love em. thank you from the bottom of my heart to the top and more for all the work you did:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :hug :hug :hug lots of love and BIG hugs from this old woman. nana. let us know what they think ok

You guys are too muCH! :lol

You would have all jumped in here if I hadn't first...

Everything in boxed up, ready to go. I'm just waiting for DH to get home so I can get to the PO. I'll post a confirmation number as soon as I get home, too.

It's ON ITS WAY! (well, almost)

There is a list in the card that I included that has EVERYONE'S names who contributed, whether it was $ or square or other goody.

FYI, there were 80 names on the list. :manyheart

Awesome job ya did Krystal, everything looks great!

I hope ya have your hooks & hands on ice now to cool 'em down a lit'l :lol

:hug