Spring Blizzard - 18" doll

darski

I need help making the snow jacket! I'm stuck on where to sew seams to continue on with the second color. I have a weird shape that I ended up with (not sure if there's a way to post a picture) Thanksfor your help!

I need help making the snow jacket! I'm stuck on where to sew seams to continue on with the second color. I have a weird shape that I ended up with (not sure if there's a way to post a picture) Thanksfor your help!

I did this years ago so it would help if you could post a picture.

I copied a pic from the original B.I.C.O pattern on which this sweater is based.

post-4896-0-43514400-1459888901_thumb.jpg

allowing for the blacked out portion that is not used  in SB you should have something that looks like the pic. 

you will be attaching your other colours along the front edge  which is where I have blacked out the portion of the original.

Does this help?

There isn't a spot for me to attach my picture, but mine doesn't look anything like that, not sure where I messed up but I'll try again. ????

to post your pic...when you are in the "reply" mode look to the lower right to see the [more reply options]; click on that.  on the lower left you will see the Attach files/ choose files option.  click that then find your pic on you computer.

then click on the [add to post} option.

I can see why you didn't see a place to put the yarn.  I think you should try to make one BICO from the directions and they try again to make this jacket.  If you understand the process it is easier..

I think what you did was put the bottom portions of the fronts at the edge of the sleeves instead of lining up with the front edge.

I hope this explains it:

post-4896-0-13215800-1459907239_thumb.jpeg

you somehow got started at the wrong edge.

at the time I wrote this pattern we were all generally involved in the BICO CAL and we were familiar with how it works.

Sorry, my words wandered on my pic on the right side... :blush

• 1 year later...

hi , I am aaltje.gawlik , I love our doll patterns, I don't sell anything, I am bed ridden with a very bad back injury that nobody will fix, fo different reasons all not good, so I make thngs fo he gandkids and nieces and nefhes, but I know the patterns are there but how can I just save them o my facebook timeline in private till I have ink to wrint them of,  this is my e mail ,   aaltje.gawlik@gmail.com, I would really hear back from you, and I truly hope you wont mind helping me,i ha another really bad fall again a month ago and ended in the hospital while there they found I had a kidney infection,s and much more ,so keeping busy with my love of crafting keeps me sane, I hope I hear back please , thank you so very much, I love all the patterns, unfortunetly I am not able to nuy them, for I only live on a disability ension, and its not very much,thank you, bye for now will be looking for your reply back,  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

3 hours ago, aaltje.gawlik@gmail.com said:

hi , I am aaltje.gawlik , I love our doll patterns, I don't sell anything, I am bed ridden with a very bad back injury that nobody will fix, fo different reasons all not good, so I make thngs fo he gandkids and nieces and nefhes, but I know the patterns are there but how can I just save them o my facebook timeline in private till I have ink to wrint them of,  this is my e mail ,   aaltje.gawlik@gmail.com, I would really hear back from you, and I truly hope you wont mind helping me,i ha another really bad fall again a month ago and ended in the hospital while there they found I had a kidney infection,s and much more ,so keeping busy with my love of crafting keeps me sane, I hope I hear back please , thank you so very much, I love all the patterns, unfortunetly I am not able to nuy them, for I only live on a disability ension, and its not very much,thank you, bye for now will be looking for your reply back,  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You will find it easiest to join my Yahoo group as all my patterns are there and you can get to them any time you want.  they are all free

check my signature for the link to Duds for Doras.

Archived