Anyone want a penpal from scotland?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the swap idea, but haven't enough posts to qualify yet. I'm from New Hampshire and would love a foreign pen pal.

go to show and tell and just look at everything there in all the threads ... you will be well into the hundreds after that... :manyheart:wlol

Okay so I spoke with Amy and now I am waiting to hear back from Juli to make sure that it doesn't sound too much like the secret pal swap.

My idea was to assign pen pals and then we would send letter, cards, postcards to each other and once a month or so send a square to your pen pal so they can put it in an afghan for themselves or to give to someone they love.

Let me know what you think and if you think it is a good idea then let them know that you would sign up for the swap and would love to participate in it!!

thanks yall

Mel

well i am still waiting to hear, we may have to do it somewhere besides here but I will wait and see what Juli says and then go from there.

And be sure to the let the admins know that you would love to do this swap.......help a sistah out!!

It sounds great to have a whole penpal swap thing, but I fear I may not have enough time. I know I'll have enough posts, but I still have a month to go on my "Junior" status. I would hate to miss this!!! I love penpals.

Some of the newest members have to be here for 60 days before they can do some of the swaps. I think we need to go and read some of the rules.

But it does it sound like fun. Maybe have it go for 3 months. One month is really short for snail mail from different countries.

hi all,

After seeing a reply where someone suggested starting a yahoo group, I have done this and made this group so if anybody wants a penpal please feel free to come and join! Here's the link

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/knittedandcrochetedsquareswaps/

I will be needing someone to help me run it lol if anyone is interested!

big hugs,

Bethxxx

well i am still waiting to hear, we may have to do it somewhere besides here but I will wait and see what Juli says and then go from there.

And be sure to the let the admins know that you would love to do this swap.......help a sistah out!!

But would it be ok, if we were to pm people to begin the letter process for those that want to get started? Then as time goes on, just wait to hear about any swaps that people may want to take part in. I know I won't be able to right away, or any swap that is of high expense, but I do love writing and making new friends.

Just a thought.

I am wondering how y'all feel about electronic penpals? do you want to get a real snail mail letter or would an email method work for you?

I know that I am not likely to do swaps (very expensive with Canada post and very inconvenient too :( )

I would like an electronic penpal though. Is there any interest in just a letter group?

Yea Darski,

When I joined, I think the idea got changed to a swap type thing also, which I do NOT want to do, heck I have enough to do here...lol. I just wanted to sign up for the pen pal part, I like snail mail, in letter form of course, so we will see how this works out....:hug

P.S. you can e-mail me anytime Darski, it might be a day before I get back to you though depending on my work schedual for the week :manyheart

I noticed that several members were interested in doing a Pen Pal Swap. I have started a group that everyone can join and participate in.

Please go here http://crochetparadise.myfirstforum.com/crochetparadise.htmand sign up. I am working on getting out a survey and hope to have it done by the end of the day.

Thanks and hope we get lots of pen pal Swappers

Archived