SilverDragon

Crocheted Icelandic style cardigan?

Question

At the post office a few days ago I saw a little girl wearing a cardigan that had a multicoloured yoke, like an icelandic sweater. But, it was crocheted!!

Anyone know of a kids pattern like this? It also had patch pockets on each front panel. The proud momma took my name and number to ask her SIL which pattern it was, but I haven't heard from her.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,

Jacqueline

10 answers to this question

Hi! I have a book at home that has a pattern similar to that. I don't think it has pockets, but they could be easily added. I will have to dig out the book and let you know the title.

Bumpity Bump...Anyone else have a suggestion? I have given up hope that the nice lady will ever call me about it now.... :think

My mother knits those all the time... I can get you the knitted pattern.

Are you only looking for a crochet one?? I would look for "Fair Isle" or "tapestry" crochet... I think I have seen some patterns before... I will keep a look out (I've been doing the same because I like crochet better than knit)....

Let know know if you want the knit pattern

Glorious Crocheted Sweaters by Nola Theiss.

I own this book - Have not made any yet but there are several sweaters of this type

Thanks for these suggestions! The sweater I saw was not tapestry, just regular looking crochet. I know there are countless knit patterns like it, but I liked this one because it was crochet, and because that gave it a different look that I liked, even though I normally prefer to knit.

Glorious Crocheted Sweaters by Nola Theiss.

I own this book - Have not made any yet but there are several sweaters of this type

I own that book, too! I also haven't made anything from it :( The Icelandic-type cardigans in it look just like the knit versions. Maybe you can get a copy from your local library.