Attempting Filet Crochet

princsstrish

I just started doing Filet Crochet. I made 2 name doily so far. One for my MIL and one for my Oma(grandma in germany).

There is the link to my photo album. They are under Betsy's.

pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/be.../my_photos

The only tip I have to check your gauge so your square and spaces are square and not rectangle.

Have fun. :yay

Betsy

WOW, you did some beautiful work. Mine is just going to say I LOVE YOU. Then I'll work on doing other names. It's a rectangle shape so gauge is not that important and it only uses dc and ch so that makes it REAL easy! So far so good. I'm 4 rows into it and it looks fine! :bounce

betsy - great stuff! i really love the character ghans... so cute. does the moez really make that much difference?

i have tunisian hooks... which are really long and fat, will those work as well.... someone else here does moez.... oh, gosh, i can't remember who it is now :blush

i want to say chelle... but i'm just not sure :coffee

:ty Rebecca :day

It's just like a regular afghan hook, but thicker and longer. I have a red set which is 7/16th of an inch or 11.1mm. I use a graph and regular afgahn stitch and I change colors as I go. The ghan turn out so soft it hard to believe they were make the RedHeart. Since it is a bigger hook the project are completed quickly. I started one Monday nite and have 56 rows of 82 done and it is 100 stitches across. And I'm not working on all the time.

So to make a long story short. If you can follow a graph,know the afghan stitch and have a big hook you can make MoEZ gahns.

Betsy:ducky

• 2 weeks later...

Barbara,

I'm not having any problem following the pattern I'm using and the chart. The directions seemed to be written out clearer than I've seen in most filet patterns. Just perfect for a newbie! Just try it, you'll never know until you do!!!!

Tricia

• 2 weeks later...

Archived