A few questions about patterns and testers etc

Charm

Question

I have been making my own items/patterns that i want to have published(try to anyway)

this is the first time i am trying all this, so i wanted to know

is there some kind of writting style i should follow when trying to get this ready to submit ?

i was looking at some skien patterns, and they are written in different ways so its a little confusing... i guess thats where a pattern tester would come in??

do you HAVE to make a pattern in multiple sizes for a company to accept it?

and i also wanted to know, how do you figure out who to trust with testing your pattern, if its one that will be for sale?

sorry for all the questions! :hug

thanks for any help :)

3 answers to this question

most of the testing I have seen on here anyone are willing to test and from what I have seen noone take your ideas and tries to sell themselves and as for selling your patterns you can sell them yourself by opening a esty store .

writing style I guess it depends on if your target audience is a beginner or a season veteran on how to word it.

Me I often have to re write patterns I like my patterns wrote where an idoit (be me can figure it out)

I hope this help

I've found that magazines tend to require at least 3 sizes (if clothing or such). As far as testers, I haven't had any problem with the people here on the 'ville. There are some really wonderful people here. As an added precution, I only allow villigers to test for me, the theory being if they've been around here long enough to become one, there's more chance they've gotten the copywrite respect that you see here. Just my 2 cents.

I can't help you on wrting the pattern but I can tell you that I have been doing testing for a few people here. I feel honored to be able to test. I have tested for KristieMN, Stormy, Nutsaboutcrochet13 and Katchkan. I would kind of look around the forum and see who of us has done testing and kind of see if each of us has followed through. I usually pm the person seeking testers but I have always posted my results and pics except in one case and that is because it was requested that no pics be posted etc. I personally feel it is important to follow the rules/guidelines the designer has set forth. I like being able to test and have a lot of fun doing it.

Pam

Archived