MimiFL

St. Patrick's Day doilies

37 posts in this topic

Here are two seasonal doilies, just in time for St. Patrick's Day. :clover

This first one is about 12" across, and it comes from a French magazine. The original was made in red with gold stars. I adapted it for St. Patrick's Day. I call it "Irish Star". The white is Aunt Lydia's; the green is Royale.

irish_star.jpg

This next one is from the July 2002 issue of Crochet! magazine. The original is called "Caramel Cream" and it's done in white and ecru (I think). I fell in love with this design as soon as I saw it. It just screamed St. Patrick's Day at me! I made mine in white and frosty green (both Aunt Lydia's) and called it "Clover Leaves" because the green clusters look like little clover leaves to me. It's about 15" across.

clover_leaves.jpg

Hope you like them. :clover

They are exquisite~~ you do SUCH beautiful work :)

And your pictures are such great quality...you must use a REALLY good camera huh?

I like both of them. When I saw the post I knew it was yours. You have really fallen for pretty doilies.

sondra

Oh, Mimi, they're beautiful. I especially like the second one with the border that matches the inside green rows. Beautiful work.

I especially like the second one, the edge on it really makes it stand out; I haven't seen that pattern, alot of doilies become a variation on a theme, with the same stitches just used in different combinations.

Beautiful doilies. Love the way you adapted them for St. Patrick's day. There isn't enough patterns for this holiday. You did a great job.

:nworthy :nworthy: beautiful :nworthy :nworthy

I just never think of using different colores for doilies - always do for other stuff, but I still think of white or ecru for doilies - gonna have to branch out . . .

They are beautiful!

And what a SUPERB job of blocking you've done! Your blocking brings out the real beauty in the patterns!

You GO, girl!

Hi Mimi

Greetings from Ireland. love your Paddy's Day doilies. Looks like a lot of skill and workmanship needed to accomplish something as beautiful as that.

Regards

Karen