My NEW Noste and hook from jimbo!!!

RoseRed

P1230117.jpg:manyheartP1250123.jpg

:yayThat's my brand spankin' new N hook and Noste made at the crick! I just LOVE them! :yay

I've never worked with a wooden hook before and I'll tell you - it is awesome!

Jimbo is such an awesome person to work with! And he's a sweetheart, too! :hug He's even been kind enough to rework part of the thumb part of the hook so that it sits more comfortably. I can't wait to get it back!!!!!

There's my Noste's new home and my first attempts at winding.

These will be added to the family heirloom collection that's been passed down for the last 3 generations. :c9

You lucky girl you!!! I just got a wood hook of ebay, but I'd looove to have a Jimbo hook some day. I think his are great because they have a story behind them and are made from the heart.

Aw..... thanks for the kind words, Rose. Don't know if i told you about the wood the Noste's made from. Its Tamarack, also known as Western Larch. Its a tree that looks every bit like a fir, with needles and wonderful turpentiney smell that for me just takes me back to the good old days when we heated our houses with wood and wood gathering was a necessary but an event i've always looked forward to. Anyways, Tamarack is really a hardwood and its needles will turn the most shockingly beautiful yellow in the fall. You should see it up on the crick. I just stand there and stare. Been watching those colors change for many many years and it STILL stops me in my tracks.

So you have a noste from a branch that dropped from one of those trees, and a little bit of it's history to boot.

Oh my gosh - heating with wood - something we'd done for 23 yrs. as our

one/only source of heat in our oldie oldie oldie log home, what a job what a

job what a job! How truly wonderful to be able to TURN some heat ON for the

past 2+ years now.

What's a noste???

Smiles, Louise

Archived