Thread Crochet-Alongs...

Swayde

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*giggles*

I would love to particpate in something after Christmas =)

I wouldn't know where to begin in hosting something though. And I love making doilies...one of these days I will actually remember to buy some batteries for my digital camera that I finally got and post pics of what I've made =)

At least do this - start looking at patterns. Perhaps someone would be willing to cohost it with you (Chie?... RachelG?). It wouldn't be too difficult, just maintain a list of participants and cheer everyone on! I'm definitely in for a thread CAL, and I'm with you, absolutely after Christmas!! :))

Doily exchange sounds like a good idea. :)h

If doilies are too big of a project for someone, thread coasters are good too, I think. Anyways, I'd love to join any kind of thread CAL. :D!

Sounds like a great idea. I can't even think about joining in until AFTER Christmas... :faint I've got too much to do before then.

I've been wanting to try my hand (in a serious way) at thread... :ohdear:ha and a few dozen other things. :P

I will echo after Christmas (actually after first of year).

I might even be able to either host or cohost depending on what's going on at the time.

Most of the threadwork I have done is gone before I remember to take pictures what I have done that I still have are gifts and cannot be shown! hehe

• 3 weeks later...

:idea

I'd like to participate, and I could even do the hosting. I'm not quite sure what would be needed (I'm a little new here), but if somebody could clue me in, I'd be more that willing to host & cheer & crochet-a-long. :knit

Thanks Donna!

Okay, I'm on-board. I'll host the web-site/blog & photos. on my website http://www.jinglelady.us.

I suggest we start the second week in January (I'm on :*ctree vacation from 21 Dec - 5 Jan). Now all me need is a good project. Any ideas? I'm new to thread & have only made a couple of bookmarks & doilies so far.

I see suggestions for coasters and doilies above. Any others?

This sound like a good plan? I need a little cheering myself for getting up the nerve to host this & become active in an online crocheting community. :blush

You're welcome, Anna! Thank you for doing this! Here you go:

:cheer2 :cheer2 :cheer2 Go, Anna! :cheer2 :cheer2 :cheer2

I love your blog! :)h (You've given me some reading to do! :P ) I know you are going to do a fantastic job with this crochet along. :clap

As far as suggesions for what to make... I know the majority of us here on Crochetville are new to thread, too. So I think more people would be interested in participating if you had options of several different projects (for example, bookmarks, coasters, and doilies), or even opened it up to any thread project. :thinking1 Some folks may have had their eye on some particular thread pattern they've been wanting to to.

:sheepjump

Okay, any general thread crochet project it is! I'm sure we'll all egg each other on & get other ideas looking at the different thread projects.

So, around Jan 7th I'll start a new thread here (get it? LOL, I crack myself up sometimes :nana ) to announce the start of the Thread Crochet-a-long on Jan 10th.

I'm excited about this.

Oh yeah, thanks for the compliments on my blog! :blush

:w-flake :*ctree

Anna

Hey! Count me in! :hi

Maybe that will keep me motivated enough to pick up the thread poncho I started about 3 months ago:fc

Maybe by then I'll actually have some time to pick it up again and won't be completely :time !

Lanette:w-flake

Archived