SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

Thanks, again, ladies! Beth: Im lucky (wait, did i say lucky?) cause we live a small apt, so I cant leave the machine out all the time...it goes in the attic and only comes out when I NEED it...hehehehe

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks ;) It's coming out much smaller than a bag made in the recommended weight yarn, so I don't think the 6" round handles that I used last time will look all that good with it. However, I got this little gem in one of my surfing expeditions:

http://www.tallpoppycraft.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=48

I think it will make a cute clutch with these handles. What do you think?

thanks to "bettycrackpot"...she's forced me to read the CAL's (never did before) and she's been a real sweetheart to help me out a bunch!! but honestly, this darn bag is about to get the best of me!! my first one went in the garbage can! can u believe that? now, i've just finished with the second one and strugglin with the lining (yea, i read the tutorial) and i'll get it figured out one way or the other!!

i really think i was just to inexperienced to make one of these bags, but it has taught me a lot! my biggest prob. is that i do not like the size of the bag (too small for me) and i have all the suggestions for making it bigger, but then, after i reach the decrease rows, (if i have added to the increase and straight rows), i can't seem to get the count right to adjust accordingly?

oh well, had to had to had to VENT!!

i STILL LOVE to look at what u all create!! mabe one day i'll be there, too!!:lol :lol

Now I bet that bag looks better then your thinking!!! Besides.... a perfect copy would be a craft... the imperfections ar what makes it art! (or at least I always tell myself that)

I've been flipping through my HH, undecided about what to make (so many beautiful projects, so little time!). After seeing so many gorgeous FBBs, I think I'll start on mine today. :cheer

so i have a couple of questions.... first, i "stole" my dads sewing machine, so i can machine sew my linings. (just kidding, he knows i have it:lol ) should i use a zigzag stitch or straight? any opinions???

second question: has anyone made one of these with sugar and creme? i have a cone of pink black and white that says it wants to be a FBB.....just wondered if you did anything different??? (single or double strand?)

hey cynthia, i AM SURE that bag doesnt look that bad! you can do it!:cheer i have faith.:hug btw, nice to know i finally influenced someone positively!!! :lol:devil

thanks to "bettycrackpot"...she's forced me to read the CAL's (never did before) and she's been a real sweetheart to help me out a bunch!! but honestly, this darn bag is about to get the best of me!! my first one went in the garbage can! can u believe that? now, i've just finished with the second one and strugglin with the lining (yea, i read the tutorial) and i'll get it figured out one way or the other!!

i really think i was just to inexperienced to make one of these bags, but it has taught me a lot! my biggest prob. is that i do not like the size of the bag (too small for me) and i have all the suggestions for making it bigger, but then, after i reach the decrease rows, (if i have added to the increase and straight rows), i can't seem to get the count right to adjust accordingly?

oh well, had to had to had to VENT!!

i STILL LOVE to look at what u all create!! mabe one day i'll be there, too!!:lol :lol

Cynthia.... All you have to do is read my posting in the HHFBB Cal to know you are NOT alone... I am inexperienced as well and I say YOU CAN DO IT:cheer My bag came out small too (check out my siggy below to see) What I did... I wrote out EACH line of the pattern.. with the exact amount of inc or dec and the total row count to keep me on track... its some work but it will help you as you finish row by row...

Like I said, if I can do it... so can you!

has anyone made one of these with sugar and creme? i have a cone of pink black and white that says it wants to be a FBB.....just wondered if you did anything different??? (single or double strand?)

I've made one and am working on another in S&C. I just used one strand and an I hook. Came out great! I have 2 more planned that I'll be using S&C for.

welcome back jessica..... will this FBB be for you (finally? :)) i am making the sNc one, and it was claimed already! im going to have to start hiding the things i want for myself....

welcome back jessica..... will this FBB be for you (finally? :)) i am making the sNc one, and it was claimed already! im going to have to start hiding the things i want for myself....

YES!!! For me and me only!!! Hooray!!! :cheer

Thanks for the kind words everyone ~ now let's see yours! :gallery

Yarndiva, I'll make you one but only if you line it! :laughroll

Okay Mini, but you have to send it to me without the handles and extra yarn to make the handles because that's the best way to sew a lining in...before the handles are made. :D

:laughroll :laughroll :laughroll

okay. i'm thinking about finally making another one and since you guys have a formula for making it bigger, i just might have to. that was the only prob with the last one. too small. i have so much junk in my purse, it just didnt fit. so i think i'll make another one for me and give the smaller away to someone with less junk in their purse.

Hi ladies. I would love to join but i don't have a pattern. Does anyone know of a place that i could get a copy of a pattern for free? I'm on a fixed income so if you know of a link i could go to that would be great :)

Thanks in advance. I have seen some of your work and it's great!!! I would love to try one.

Archived