yarndiva

SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

My 2 FBBs are in the Accessories Show & Tell board. Let me know what you think!

I'm in! I've made a few of these as gifts for other people - this one is going to be for me! I'll be able to start in about a week as I'm finishing up a mother's day afghan, but please count me in.

Updated: I created the blog button below and received permission for us to use. Please save it out to your own photo source and enjoy!

FBB-CAL.jpg

I started making my first FBB over the weekend. I am almost done and should complete it today. I need to look thru my fabric stash to see if I have anything to line it with.

I am worried though that if these are addciting as people say---I may need to run out for more handles. LOL

:hook

They are addicting. I made a list of projects-to-do yesterday and I have 5 on there.

I can't find my stash of handles!!! :eek

I thought it was in my crafts closet, I went through all the bags that I saw and I still can't find it...waaah!!! :cry

ohhhh noooooooo!!!!!!!! i hope you find them!!!!

Finished a felted version of our beloved fat bottom!! I used Cascade 220 in fuschia, three strands held together. It took me a long time to pick out the perfect handles, but I think these really make it! Man, though, it was so hard to sew the handles and the trim on this guy...it is one thick bag!!

th_feltedfbb2.jpg

th_feltedfbb.jpg

I think Im gonna give it to my cousin for mother's day!

thats very pretty! i love the flowers!!!

Love it, love it, love it!!

Love it! the color is gorgeous and the trim adds just the right touch!

Finished a felted version of our beloved fat bottom!! I used Cascade 220 in fuschia, three strands held together. It took me a long time to pick out the perfect handles, but I think these really make it! Man, though, it was so hard to sew the handles and the trim on this guy...it is one thick bag!!

th_feltedfbb2.jpg

th_feltedfbb.jpg

I think Im gonna give it to my cousin for mother's day!

Ugh! I hate when that happens...you know that stuff is in the house somewhere! I usually remember that I put it in a special place, but then can't remember what the special place was. You will find them when you are searching for something else!

I can't my my stash of handles!!! :eek

I thought it was in my crafts closet, I went through all the bags that I saw and I still can't find it...waaah!!! :cry

Great job! It turned out really cool! I'll have to try felting one of these babies. :)

Thanks, ladies...Im really in for the bright colors...pink and green are two of my favorites for a combo. Im still plugging away at some more. I am lucky, though...I graduated with my Master's a couple weeks ago and my hubby bought me a sewing machine for graduation! He said that he noticed how much time I spent sewing the lining into these and how I could be crocheting instead of pinning and hand sewing, so he got me the machine...to quote "This degree is a big deal and it deserves something big; something you want and would never buy yourself"....I have a wonderful man!

Thanks, ladies...Im really in for the bright colors...pink and green are two of my favorites for a combo. Im still plugging away at some more. I am lucky, though...I graduated with my Master's a couple weeks ago and my hubby bought me a sewing machine for graduation! He said that he noticed how much time I spent sewing the lining into these and how I could be crocheting instead of pinning and hand sewing, so he got me the machine...to quote "This degree is a big deal and it deserves something big; something you want and would never buy yourself"....I have a wonderful man!

Where do I find myself one of those???

He has a brother! But...hes young (**** be 21 this year) and...uh...not QUITE as thoughtful (just YOUNG, really!!) ;):wink

Dang! I just recently tried out a 23 year old and that was a little too young for me... How about friends? He have any wonderful friends?

All these fat bottoms are so nice...It's making me want to do another one.:lol

Getting started!

FAT1.jpg

This is some hand-dyed cording that I picked up at my local LYS. Kinda bright, but I think I'm going to like it.

OK... since I just got my S&B book today I'm going to join in.... I'm reading through all the threads to get a feel for handles etc... looks like fun!

Ms. Mini: I looove the colorway of that corded thread!!! I am jealous!!

Emily: How thoughtful that hubby got you a sewing machine! Watch out though, those FBB's are going to multiply like bunnies!!

oooohhhhh mini: i lurve! that colorway!! that is awesome!

minwife: welcome to the club!

nolooseends: congrats on your masters and finding a considerate hubby!