SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

Emily: Glad the bulky cotton yarn got put into good use! (now I know what to do with the other colors that I have of the same yarn :laughroll)

MsCranky: And I am glad your bag issue got resolved. BTW, maybe a smaller pair of handles or increasing your "straight hdc rows" or making your bag 20 inc rows, 20 straight rows, 20 dec rows should help in making your bag fit the handle size...clear as mud??

Anyways, I am off to make Nexstitch's Hawaiian bag in cotton (of course)for my swap partner. I got kinda burned out of FBB's and she already has two :rofl

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks so great!! I love it...what is the yarn? The handles are great, too BTW!! Congrats on finally finishing! Any new ones in the works? :grin

Thanks! The yarn is Joanns sensations Bellezza collection Cosetta. I fell in love with it!

ha! Another bag? yes! lol... now that I understand (sort of) the workings of the pattern, I can def do another without panic:eek

I want to try a bigger one!

Thanks!

Just wanted to post my new FBB...I kinda got addicted...oops!!! :rofl This one is made with moda dea cache (2strands) and a size L hook. Now I am trying one in wool to felt...but the wool is all in hanks and it keeps getting all tangled :( Im really frustrated...any tips?

Thanks for the support, ladies!

giantfbblining.jpg

giantfbb2.jpg

giantfbb.jpg

okay, so the closer i got to finishing the body of my bag, the more i decided that i don't want the plastic handles. i love the handles i bought so i'll definitely eventually use them for something, probably another fat bottom, but i'm working on an idea for a new version of handles... as soon as my fabric arrives, i'm going to try it and if it works, i'm writing a tutorial.

Now I am trying one in wool to felt...but the wool is all in hanks and it keeps getting all tangled Im really frustrated...any tips?

It's not a good idea to crochet directly from the hank, because of the tangling issue. You need to wind it into balls first. The easiest is if you can recruit a live human being to hold his/her arms out and put the hank over them. Or, you could drape it over the back of a chair, or over your knees while you are sitting down. Before I got my yarn winder, I used to drape the hank over my monitor... not the most efficient way, but it got the job done.

Joan

So...... here's my FBB... I did something different for handles since I didn't have the plastic ones and didn't have the funds to purchase them. I created my own handles from strips cut from the same lining fabric and then sewed and stuffed them with fiberfill.. I also used a pin instead of a flower to decorate it..I got the handles a wee bit to long, but decided they looked okay for a first timer.

GreenFBB.jpg

and the lining GreenFBBlining.jpg

peyton, those handles are fab!

Thanks Betty.. The handles are Soft, and don't hurt the arm when carrying the purse... Cheap way to solve a problem since I didn't have any handles. :yes

Thanks again, you kinda inspired me to keep going when you told me that I should join the FBB CAL... :hug

You all have been so inspiring. The bags I've seen here are so pretty. After seeing these, I caught the bug and made four of them. Pictures are on my blog. I'm planning to make some for my sisters and Mom. I just hope I don't get tired of making them since I have five sisters! I don't consider the first three I've made worthy of gifting. They were just practice, but good enough for me to use.

I just started one in Paton's SWS in Natural Plum. I'll put the picture on my blog when it's done.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Mik

I can't thank you enough for your continous help!! I am in row 17 and everything is going according to plan!!

No problem! Glad to hear it's going well!

EVEN ON THE DECREASE?

Yep!

but the wool is all in hanks and it keeps getting all tangled Im really frustrated...any tips?

Wind the hanks into balls or cakes first.

I went yarn shopping for my fbb today. I plan on starting tonight. Probably isn't such a good idea because i hate stopping a project once I start. I'll be up until God knows when. Wish me luck!

FFB 0% :D

Archived