SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've finished the body of my bag this weekend and I've lined it successfully, thanks to the wonderful tutorial. :)

But...for some reason the handle flaps are elluding me. I can't seem to get it. When I start to stich across I don't reach the number of stitches it says in the book. It's supposed to be like 26 or something and I'm ending up with too many. Am I doing something wrong? :blush

I also ended up with too many ---- like 30 something! Frogged it an started over again. Finally realized the it really doesn't make that much difference if you have 26 - 28 or 30 stitches along that side. If you are a few stitches off don't worry about it - it'll work out ok anyway. Seems to be a very forgiving pattern

Lynn

have you looked at the errata? http://www.knithappens.com

where are you on the pattern?

I just started this pattern and noticed something wrong from the get go and went up there to the errata and low and behold I was right, there was an error in row 1:hook

Cindy

CrochetCatskills

and I started three bags and figured out how to do the stitches up to row 38. I am going to start row 39 hopefully soon and finish the three bags!!!

Also, I am going to start another one using Lion Brand Incredible so I will tell you how it works out

I using Lion Brand Incredible - ribbon yarn - and the colors are fantastic. I am unable to take a pic at this time, but will when I finish the bag.

It's not that hard to work with either

I'll be back - especially when I get to ro 39!!!!

Very pretty! Love the yarn! What kind is it?

Lynn

I can't remember the name, I through away the label. I got it at a local yarn boutique, it's sort of self-striping, wool/acrylic blend. I also pimped it out with bright pink lining. Doesn't really match but it's all I could find at the time. ;)

It almost has a watercolor look to it! I think the pink lining would set it off beautifully!

Lynn

I using Lion Brand Incredible - ribbon yarn - and the colors are fantastic. I am unable to take a pic at this time, but will when I finish the bag.

It's not that hard to work with either

I'll be back - especially when I get to ro 39!!!!

Hi! :hi I was wondering how you are doing on your bag...I am going to start my first FBB soon and am going to use the LB Incredible ribbon yarn. I've never worked with this type of yarn before so stitched up a small swatch tonight to see how it works. It is easier to work with than I thought, but the swatch is kind of "holey". Not sure what size hook I used, but it was the next size down from a "P". Could I ask what size hook you are using?

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your bag & I'll post pictures of mine as soon as I figure out how! Thanks for any tips or advice you can share. Have a great evening.

Katie

I am using a size I and they are coming out on the tight side but nice. I am on row 40 and I am not sure if I will get to do much on it over the next few days.

I am unable to post now, but will as soon as I can

Thank you! I'm going to try a swatch with an I hook tonight, I really don't like using the bigger hooks anyway.

Katie

When I started it said I should have 19 stitches across and in row 52 it states I should have 17

Now that is what I finished up with but why the difference?

i had to look at that twice too - and i'm an accountant!!! :blush

after much pondering i realised that it's 19 stitches at the end of row 1 after you have increased 2 - which means there were 17 at the start!!

ta da!!!

i'm currently making two of these for my sisters for christmas - or that's the plan - i just saw that cute nativity set and i think it might distract me a bit!!

Archived