Fiber Art Festival-Crystal Lake, IL in July

CLLinda

As I was reading my local paper, the Northwest Herald, I found an article about a Fiber Art Festival in Crystal Lake, Illinois. It's called the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair and will offer classes, booths, and much more.

It's being sponsored by Interweave.

The date is July 20th to July 22nd. It sounds like it should be great.

It's the first one, so it should be interesting. It will be on the grounds of the Lakeside Legacy park in Crystal Lake.

For further information, you can go to www.fiberandfolk.com or you can contact Carold Cassidy-Fayer at (815) 276-2537.

Check out that website. It is awesome!

I know I will be calling. It seems like something I would really enjoy and there may be others who would like to come out to our fair city. The Lakeside Legacy Park is about a block from Crystal Lake. It's a really nice park.

If I find out more information, I will let you know.

So who's coming out here to Crystal Lake? It looks like one great weekend!

:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am going!!! I just found out about this.. Only about 45 mins from my parents house, and about 10 mins from my grandma's house.. so will be able to visit family and see the fair! I am looking over the classes now for crochet.. maybe take one.. anyone else going that is going to take a class??

oh, I want to go. I wonder if the vendors from Wausau will let me hide within their supplies?:lol

I don't know if that would be possible, but just to let you know, Crystal Lake is only 30 minutes from the Wis/IL border.

Come on down. Check out the website in my signature. I signed up for three classes.

I can't wait. I am taking the weekend off from my family! I plan on volunteering, learning, and crocheting all weekend. I just love the fact it is in my town! I am very lucky.

Come to the Fiber and Folk Art Fest. It should be a blast. The Lakeside Center is in a beautiful tree shaded park, about a block and a half from the Crystal Lake lake. It has a great beach, very nice playground, and great scenery. There will be plenty of food, venders and other things. Check out the website. You may want to sign up for classes because they are filling up fast.

• 3 weeks later...
I live just over the border WI/IL and am going tommorrow looks like their is alot of vendors I'm sure I'll increase my stash!!

You sure will. There are TONS of booths. Lots of fun things to buy.

I just really walked around today, but the serious buying is tomorrow.

Have fun at the fair!:manyheart

OMG I just got back from fiber fest I thought I would be there about 2 hours or so but 6 hours later we were still shopping it was like yarn heaven!! every few steps I took all I kept saying was Ohh and Aww like when you watch fireworks, if anyone can make the final day tommorrow you will not be disappointed, and prices are so good I got bargain yarn $1 a skein, and worsted weight yarn $5 a pound bag 100 percent wool. I also bought some good stuff too hand dyed mohair and some other super soft hand dyed also a beautiful wooden hook size M I like big hooks. Now I will have to save up for Jefferson Sheep and Wool fest alot of the vendors said they will be there too! I really learned alot all the vendors were so nice and loved to explain what they were knitting or crocheting or spinning.

• 3 months later...
Wow! I have bookmarked the website for this fair. It's so close to where I live, I am definitely going to check it out next summer. Yay!

Go on their website and sign in. This way, you will be informed of what's going on.

It was just fabulous last year.

Archived