Bead Tapestry Crochet online video

Carol Ventura

One of my tapestry crochet segments from "Creative Living with Sheryl Borden" http://iweb.tntech.edu/cventura/movies/CRL3.mov shows how to do bead tapestry crochet and how to use a bead spinner. Two more tapestry crochet videos from the same show are linked from my web page. They play with QuickTime on some computers, but not others.

Thanks,

Wow...that's awesome. I would like to try that ....going to check out your website.

Oh forgot to mention that the video worked just fine for me. Guess people are watching it, just not commenting??

I couldn't get the movie to work on my PC. Each time I opened it I got an error message of " could not open movie crl13[1].mov". The window that popped up after I selected open was MoviePlayer. So, I went to your website and still couldn't see it. It may be just a user loser error on my part, but I'm sure someone can tell me what to do to view!

The video worked great for me too! I am very new to tapestry crochet, but not so new to bead crochet. I love the idea of combining the two.

I made the kitty purse a few weeks ago (my first project). Thank you for sharing your talents with us. I am always ready to try something new in crochet. To keep it interesting and fun and to show people its not just granny squares.

Thanks again Carol!:hug

Lisa

Carol,

I am guilty of peeking at the video many times and not offering a comment. I haven't tried bead crochet (YET!), but have been intrigued by it. I wanted to try my hand at tapestry crochet first, so, encouraged by the video (and other tapestry crochet links - thanks) I jumped right in and converted one of my hat patterns (most are in my head) to use tapestry crochet.

Here is my partially completed first hat using tapestry crochet:

2007-03-11-006-.jpg

Carol,

Thanks! I've completed the hat:

419738487_e33094242a_m.jpg

Now I have to compensate for the diagonal "drift" in my next project.

Thanks for the links to get me started in tapestry crochet!

Your hat is excellent! The diagonal drift is normal when tapestry crocheting in rounds. I just accept it and incorporate it in my designs. That's why I do lots of zigzags and diamond motifs. On the right side of the motif, put the stitches one over the other and on the left side, I move one to the left. It creates great triangular shapes every time!

I finished putting put my Creative Living segments about tapestry crochet on YouTube yesterday. They had to be edited to fit into the new 10 minute time limit. I split the bead tapestry crochet segment into 2 because I didn't want to edit out 3 minutes, so there are 4 videos now linked to my web page at

http://www.tapestrycrochet.com/

I hope they work for you now!

Thanks!

Archived