School Daze -15 inch doll

darski

School Daze :pinterest

post-4896-135897589703_thumb.jpg

The Navy and Gold really are navy and gold in real life but the camera can't seem to capture them :sigh

Pleated (?) Skirt…

With Grey

Make an elastic waistband and work 40 sc into ring.

Work 2 rows of DC.

Work 5 rows of (dc in 3, FPdc in next)

Work 1 row increasing (one) in the centre DC of (dc in 3) Break off

Navy Blazer…

post-4896-135897589756_thumb.jpg

You know this girl had to get a B.I.C.O. at some point and here we go.

Row 1: Chain 21 and hdc across.

Row 2-7: Work 6 more rows even then break off.

Row 8: Chain 11, hdc into back piece and across, chain 12, turn

Row 9 – 14: Work hdc in 2nd chain from hook and across (42 stitches) for 6 rows.

Row 15: hdc in 18, sc in 1, slst in 4, sc in 1, hdc in 18.

post-4896-135897589759_thumb.jpg

Work right side…

Row 16: work 16 hdc, hdc decrease in next.

Row 17-18: work even in hdc

Row 19: ch 2, 2hdc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc across. (this begins the V-neck portion, continue to increase one stitch at neck edge until directions change.

Row 20-22: hdc across

Row 23: increase hdc and hdc in 8, ch 1 and turn.

Row 24 to end… work 7 more rows of hdc. For 4 rows increase at neck edge and for 3 rows work evenly. Break off

(This is different than the BICO pattern but it seems to work to keep the pattern even.)

Return to row 15 and attach yarn in the 1st hdc stitch on the left side.

Work the left side to mirror the right-hand side.

Sew underarm seams and add pockets, buttons or other trim as you wish.

This is another candidate for Velcro closures.

The White top is from The cowgirl outfit but I will repeat it here if you need it.

White short sleeved top

Remember your closure and allow for that. I worked a tight ch 5 loop on the Right Back on 3 rows.

Row 1: Chain 27 work dc in 3rd chain from hook then work (dc, 2dc) across (38 dc?)

Row 2: dc in 5, ch1, dc in 9, ch 1, dc in 10, ch 1, dc in 9, ch1, dc in 5.

Row 3: dc in dc and V-st in ch1 spaces

Row 4: dc in dc, V-st in V-st.

Row 5: dc in each st up to (incl) ch1 of V-st. ch 4 then work dc in next V-st space. Double crochet to next sleeve and work as first – end with dc across back.

Row 6: dc in every dc and chain st. break off.

Finish as needed (buttons, Velcro?)

School colours book bag…

post-4896-135897589762_thumb.jpg

Use smaller (4.5mm hook)

Row 1: Ch 12, sc in 2nd ch from hook, ch1 sc in same ch, sc along ch, work (sc, ch1, sc, ch1, sc) in end ch, cont sc along other side of ch, end with sc, ch in starting and join. Ch 1 turn

Row 2:Work sc in same st, work (sc ch 1, sc) in ch 1 space, work sc around working (sc ch 1, sc) in every ch 1 space… (i.e. the four corners) ch 1 and turn

Row 3: Working on the wrong side, FPsc in every stitch around and join. Ch 1 and turn

Row 4: sc around, join and secure gold.

Row 5 & 6: attach Navy yarn in the other end and work 2 rows of sc around. Secure Navy.

Rows 7 – 15: alternate rows of varying size between the gold and the navy. End with Gold then break off Gold and continue with navy only.

**On the 15th round with Gold, make the slot closure. Find the centre 6 stitches and mark the first one. Sc to the marker then ch 7, skip 6sc, and slst to next sc. Turn and sl st along chain. Return to completing the sc around bag and Break off

post-4896-13589758976_thumb.jpg

Rows 16-18: With navy, sc around. (At the end of row 18, you need to be in place to dc around only the back. Break off and join again at the side if necessary to be able to do this)

Row 19: DC across back half of bag only.

Row 20: work sc, hdc, dc across and end with hdc and sc.

Row 21: sl st into sc and hdc, dc in each dc, ch 1 and turn.

Row 22: dc in dc across but decrease one st.

Row 23: sc, sc decrease across. Your tab should now be small enough to fit through the slot. If not reduce on next row to do that.

Sc enough rows to fit easily through the closure slot and then turn and work hdc, dc, 4-stitch Popcorn to front side, dc and hdc. (roughly speaking :wlol ) Break off.

Attach yarn in row 17 and sc in 3 sts. Work 20 rows of sc on these three stitches then connect to back as shown by working 3 sc.

post-4896-135897589764_thumb.jpg

I cannot possibly explain how I made the water bottle holder – sorry. I just did it with rows of sc and crisscrossing chains. :eek

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

I had to register just so I could tell you what a wonderful job you have done on creating a beautiful wardrobe for Dora and that you were very generous in sharing the patterns.

Thank you :hug for your kind words but you will be the greatest beneficiary of registering. The 'Ville is the best place to be for crocheters:cheer:cheer:cheer. Everything you can do with crochet is available here in abundance.

:hug Thank you so very much for all the fantastic patterns and for your generosity in sharing them with us. I have several outfits done already. I got my dolls yesterday and had to adapt a few of the outfits to fit better.:D Now I just need to get the camera and take some pictures so you can see what I have done with your patterns.

This pattern is fabulous. Dora is just the right age for a school uniform. I LOVE it.:cheer

Carolyn

:hug Thank you so very much for all the fantastic patterns and for your generosity in sharing them with us. I have several outfits done already. I got my dolls yesterday and had to adapt a few of the outfits to fit better.:D Now I just need to get the camera and take some pictures so you can see what I have done with your patterns.

This pattern is fabulous. Dora is just the right age for a school uniform. I LOVE it.:cheer

Carolyn

I do tend to crochet loosely and I wondered if others would find the patterns small in comparison.

I can't wait for pictures. Love it1

Darski you are so clever and these little outfits . They are wonderful. I dont have a doll like this, and probably would never make dolly clothes, but I have realy enjoyed looking at your creations.

My goodness Darski, you must never put your hook down!!! I have a little cousin who idolizes Dora, I swear everything that kid owns has Dora all over it - when she outgrows this stage she won't have anything else to play with, lol. I've been checking out all your Dora patterns and I think they're wonderful, I wish I was 1/4 as productive as you are!!

Darski that is adorable!! Jessi's school colours ar navy and gold lol She's seen your designs now and asked for them all!

Thank you thank you!

(My soon-to-be 4 daughter Just NOW saw one of your posts and now she wants me to buy her the doll and make her some clothes. Hmmm do you know where I could get some patterns and what doll it is? JK - I already have the doll and as soooon as I finish my next commission items - I'm going to be making all of these fabo clothes - little does she know...hehehehe (picture evil crochet laugh!))

When I give it to her, we're going to write you a thank you note and send it to you with a picture (granted I remember to get your snail mail).

We love you Darski!

I finally got some pictures of some of the outfits I've made for Dora so far. This is my first attempt at uploading a picture. Hope it works.th_P2240011-1.jpg

Slumber Party

th_P2240010.jpg

Going to the Sock Hop & Dressed for Winter

th_P2240007-1.jpg

Ready to go shopping.

I had so much fun making these outfits. The poodle skirt is my favorite so far.:)

I finally got some pictures of some of the outfits I've made for Dora so far. This is my first attempt at uploading a picture. Hope it works.th_P2240011-1.jpg

Slumber Party

th_P2240010.jpg

Going to the Sock Hop & Dressed for Winter

th_P2240007-1.jpg

Ready to go shopping.

I had so much fun making these outfits. The poodle skirt is my favorite so far.:)

I love what you have done with these. Totally kewl!!!!

how did you do your poodle? I couldn't make one work at all.

I had a very hard time finding a poodle applique or button or anything, so I found a site that showed poodle skirts and kind of freehand drew one on a piece of paper then very carefully cut it out of black felt. :D I think I got very lucky that it turned out as well as it did, I'm not sure I could do another like it. Oh well, each would have its own personality.:lol

The grandkids will be visiting next Saturday and will get their Dora dolls then. :c9

I haven't seen them since August and I definately am needing a grandkid fix. I'll try to get pictures of them with their dolls after they get down here.

Archived