Amy

Tip Jar

Membership in Crochetville is free. We like it that way. It means everybody gets to participate, and that's what community is all about. However, keeping Crochetville welcoming, friendly, and running reliably is expensive in terms of both money and time. A major cost is our dedicated web server that runs our massive forum database and loads pages quickly even during heavy forum traffic. Other costs add up quickly, including domain name registration, software licenses, legal advice, and taxes. In terms of time, Amy and Donna, co-owners and co-administrators of Crochetville, spend many hours daily maintaining and improving the forum, troubleshooting problems, and answering questions, to name just a few things. So if you desire to make a donation to say thank you and to help pay for the costs and time it takes to keep Crochetville humming, we appreciate it very much.

Please do not contribute if it is not within your means or budget. Your presence on the forum and sharing your creativity, knowledge, and love of crochet is enough. Really. We mean it.

For more information on how to make a donation by Paypal, check, or money order, click here.

Thank you for your donation. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you by Paypal. You may log into your account at www.paypal.com/us to view details of this transaction.

Click here to return to main Crochetville forum page.

When Paypal returns you to this post, your donation to Crochetville has been canceled successfully.

Thank you for your support through your participation in our forum!

Click here to return to main Crochetville forum page.

hi there,

this has been going around alot on other boards besides crochet boards.

It's sad that you have to pay now for something like this.

I'll do what I can for this board. I do love it already...

:hug

HUGS

~Karla

Just donated in gratitude for this politics free zone. I've had to flee my other message board sites because the election creeps into everything and I need a break. Thanks for keeping this site on topic.

Just donated in gratitude for this politics free zone. I've had to flee my other message board sites because the election creeps into everything and I need a break. Thanks for keeping this site on topic.

Thank you very much for the donation!

Hey, maybe I've got the beginnings of an excellent money-maker here. Every single person who visits the site must make a $10 or more donation within the next 24 hours, or we convert to ALL ELECTION, ALL THE TIME!!! :lol

Donna and I would be rolling in dough!!!

Seriously, though, we're happy to provide an election-free zone out of purely selfish reasons. We don't want to have to referee any arguments that would surely break out. :D

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't even know you had this! A tip jar, lol. Good idea!

There was a link within a link from this page and it said:

"If you are looking for the ad-free membership, which is separate from donations, please go here."

The link will take you to an error. Is there no longer the ad-free membership? Not that I'd use it but was just wondering. Sometimes I'd like to get rid of the Google ads because they're often off topic (as are we :D) and they can get annoying. I do like the ads that run at the top of the page and I always look for them.

Wow, I didn't even know you had this! A tip jar, lol. Good idea!

There was a link within a link from this page and it said:

"If you are looking for the ad-free membership, which is separate from donations, please go here."

The link will take you to an error. Is there no longer the ad-free membership? Not that I'd use it but was just wondering. Sometimes I'd like to get rid of the Google ads because they're often off topic (as are we :D) and they can get annoying. I do like the ads that run at the top of the page and I always look for them.

I took that link out of the first post in this thread earlier today.

We used to offer an ad-free subscription, but we discontinued it. Here's a link to a thread in Board Help where Donna gives a very good explanation of why we made that decision.

Oh, I just wanted to make sure everyone realizes I was kidding in my post above. While we deeply appreciate each person who makes a donation to the site, we certainly don't expect or require that anyone must make a donation. Donations are totally voluntary, and we try not to mention it ourselves.

But in any case anybody ever does want to make a donation, and you lose track of this thread, we have a "Donations" link in the dark blue navigation bar at the top of every forum page.

Oh, I just wanted to make sure everyone realizes I was kidding in my post above. While we deeply appreciate each person who makes a donation to the site, we certainly don't expect or require that anyone must make a donation. Donations are totally voluntary, and we try not to mention it ourselves.

But in any case anybody ever does want to make a donation, and you lose track of this thread, we have a "Donations" link in the dark blue navigation bar at the top of every forum page.

I knew it was voluntary! I love this site and if I can help, even it's a little, it was my pleasure.

Lets start the New Year Tipping our GREAT site...I did, can you? Even a dollar will help/

Lets start the New Year Tipping our GREAT site...I did, can you? Even a dollar will help/

You are right so I just donated - Thanks for the reminder to support the things we believe in!:hook

Thanks JoBug for the reminder!! I have made my donation too!!! Don't want to take this site for granted!!!!

I figured I would start 2009 off right with a donation to the very best place on the web to hang out - CROCHETVILLE! Thank you Amy and Donna for all you do! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm new to this site and to crochet. I have a queen size blanket that was recently completed. However, I noticed today that the yarn looks like it is shredding (fuzzy). How do I fix this? Has anyone else experienced this?