Lo How a Rose Ere Blooming…15 inch Doll-link to crown

darski

Lo How a Rose Ere Blooming… :pinterest

Link to crown pattern

post-4896-135897798463_thumb.jpg

This requires 3 tints/shades of one colour to make as written but you could make it all one colour or work as many colours as you like. it would be pretty for Quinceanera in paler colours or in white. would also be pretty for a wedding in white as well

post-4896-135897798425_thumb.jpg

Bodice cover/bolero

This is needed as the weight of the dress pulls it down to immodest levels. :wlol Don’t forget your closure method and allow for that. This is worked with a 5.5mm hook

post-4896-135897798453_thumb.jpg

Chain 30 in Dark tone

Row 1: sc in 4, hdc in 2, (2dc, Tr) in next, (Tr, 2dc) in next, hdc in 2 sc in 9, hdc in 2, (2dc, Tr) in next, (Tr, 2dc) in next, hdc in 2 sc in 4.

Row 2: sc across working in front loop only and working a chain 1 between the TR on the previous row.

Row 3: Sc in 5, hdcV-st in next, hdc in 3, 3hdc in ch 1 space, hdc in 3, hdcV-st in next, sc across front, hdcV-st in next, hdc in 3, 3hdc in ch 1 space, hdc in 3, hdcV-st, sc in 5.

Row 4: Separate sleeve stitches by working dc across row making 1 dc in V-sts and a ch 1 at each underarm. (i.e. dc in V-st, ch1 dc in V-st at underarms)

Row 5: Mark the 2 centre front stitches. Sc across back stitches, hdc in 4, dc in 3, (2Tr, 3ch picot) in next 2Tr in next, and continue across reversing the stitches. Break off.

The Dress bodice… Start with lightest tint and a smaller hook (4.5mm). Mark this right side once you have worked this row, you’ll need it later.

post-4896-135897798455_thumb.jpg

Chain 46

Row 1: Sc in 8, ch 3, sk 8 ch and sc in 13, ch 3, sk 8 ch and sc in last 8 chain.

Row 2-4: sc across.

Row 5: sc in 10, hdc in 15, sc in 10

Row 6: sc in 2, 2sc in next across

Row 7: sc across

Row 8: repeat row 6

You should be working from the right side for row 9.

Row 9: Working in Front Loop Only… Work dc in 2, (2dc in next, dc in next) across ending with 2dc. Join and break off light yarn

Underskirt… Using medium coloured yarn

post-4896-135897798457_thumb.jpg

Attach to first unused (back) loop of row 9 and dc across using those back loops. Join

Work even for 9 more rows but move up a hook size twice.

Work one row of (dc in 3, 3dc in next)

Work at least one more row evenly. You could add more and I may yet do that.

Overskirt with light colour…

post-4896-135897798456_thumb.jpg

Visually determine the centre front stitch of your light coloured DC row. It is more important that it look centred than that it be centred on the stitch count.

Row 1: Attach yarn at Centre Front and chain 3 (counts as dc) work (2dc. Ch2, 2dc) shells around starting in the 4th dc from starting chain 3. End with dc into same space as chain 3. chain 3 and turn. I have 22 shells and beginning and ending dcs; your mileage may vary. :wlol

Row 2: Work shell into shell and end with dc into chain 3 space. Ch 3 and turn.

Row 3: sc into first shell space then work shell in shell around ending with sc in last shell space and dc into top of ch 3 from row below, ch 3 and turn. You have begun shell decrease rows.

Work 3 more rows of shells decreasing at both ends as you go. Break off. Again, you may work more rows if that is the look you want for this.

post-4896-135897798459_thumb.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897798461_thumb.jpg

Oh how pretty!! Do you have all these outfits made up, or do you make one a day/week? You've probably been crocheting for a long time:) Thank you for sharing....................Lise:yarn

You are welcome. I try to write them up as I make them.

I have been crocheting for over 50 years... :sigh I have no idea how that happened :rofl

You do such beautiful work. I love how devoted you are to Dora :) My niece would want you to adopt her as she loves Dora. Too cute.

Another AWESOME outfit for Dora, Darski! HOWEVER, you must slow down!! (JK)....I can't get one outfit finished before you come up with another great pattern. How am I to get my doilies done??? Dora will have a larger wardrobe than I do soon at the rate you are going.

JK.....keep up the great work. I'm printing & filiing as fast as you create!

:cheer Wow that is beautiful.

I have the February dress and the Sunday go to meeting dress finished.

Will try to get a picture posted in their threads.

Working on the jammies now.

Hugs from Donna in Oklahoma

I am really looking forward to seeing your efforts. Part of the fun of this is that others want to make them too.

I'm starting to run out of words for how awesome these creations are, Darski.

As soon as I'm done with Spring Swap, I have a goal of doing one Dora outfit a week (it only took me two evenings to do the February dress).

But I'm going to have to buy yarn, b/c these outfits are too special to use scrap yarn on!

It's beautiful!! My grandaughter loved the Sunday go to meeting ensemble. Right now I'm working on the play suit / beach wear ensemble, with the hoodie! Gorgeous! Thanks so much. Pat

Beautiful:manyheart.....these outfits are EXCELLENT.... I think you should change your tag line from "When in doubt....make a hat" to "when in doubt.... crochet Dora an outf it :devil!!!" LOL:rofl! By my count I think there are already 16 outfits for her!!!!:applause:dance:ty:woo:jumpyayI need to get this doll!

Okay see now I have to get one of these dolls. I'm busy doing Bratz Big Babyz outfits but now that I see all these Dora outfits I have to get one now. You are so talented Darski.

Archived