Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BarbaraJean, your Elegant Cluster Afghan is gorgeous! And I love the color you chose for your Graceful Fans Afghan! Great job! :cheer

Jessica, what lovely squares! Can't wait to see what you do with them! :cheer

Nutsaboutcrochet, you are moving right along with your squares! They look great! :cheer

Sue, way to go with doing another 3 strips! :cheer

Alright I'll try it with the cream, have to go get some, and post a picture to see what you all think!

I was going to suggest that but see others did and you decided to go with it - I love the colors and think it will be a beautiful afghan.

I have 2 more rows to join - I'm getting there slowly but surely. I really like it but I don't think it is going to be as wide as I want it to be. I'll wait and see when I'm done - I might decide to add another row to it.

I was going to suggest that but see others did and you decided to go with it - I love the colors and think it will be a beautiful afghan.

I have 2 more rows to join - I'm getting there slowly but surely. I really like it but I don't think it is going to be as wide as I want it to be. I'll wait and see when I'm done - I might decide to add another row to it.

Good progress!

I've finished 3 rows on the Graceful Fans afghan and I'm really not sure I like it. I'm going to go a bit further but if I don't start liking it better then I'm going to frog it and try something else. :rock

I would join them with the soft color you used for the center but you should use the color that would please you the most. :yes Those are great! I'll get it added to the list. :clap

I agree with BarbaraJean. That would look good. Also, I learned the best way to join them would be this rule:

1.Join sl st in first ch-3 ch 1.

DSC01176.jpg

2 With squares back to back sl st in ch-3 in second square ch 1

DSC01177.jpg

3. First square back loop only sc ch 1 in middle dc between ch-3

DSC01180.jpg

4 Do the same as step 3

5. sc in ch-3 ch 1

DSC01182.jpg

6. next square repeat step 5

7. Repeat step 3 first and second square

8. Repeat step 5

9. Repeat all steps until you get to the end.

Hope this helps. Sorry some pictures are a little blurry.

I just wanted to make a quick post and tell you all that you all are doing an awesome job, and your work is so beautiful.

I am still pluggin along on my afghan and have had a few interuptions.. This is my first time ever making an afghan and its been trial and error with this dang thing. Maybe my specialty is baby blankets, (I don't know). I have learned so much from this afghan and gauge and all that. I heard people talk about the book S and B, So I just had to have it. Boy I have I learnded alot. I can see by my gan that I should have paid more attention to my gauge. But its cool the next one will even be better. Tomarrow I have to start a baby blanket, so looks like I will be working on both.. The baby blanket takes priority...

I have gotten pretty winded with this short comment so I should skoot on out of here. Have a great stitchen time.

Deb.

This is my first time ever making an afghan and its been trial and error with this dang thing.

That is great - we get to see your first afghan :clap

Keep at it - I'm sure you will do a wonderful job.

I should have paid more attention to my gauge.

You know I was just thinking - I don't think I have EVER checked the gauge when I made an afghan. I guess I just never considered it that important since it really it is kind of a "one size fits all" kind of thing. Maybe I will check it with my next afghan just to see.

I just wanted to make a quick post and tell you all that you all are doing an awesome job, and your work is so beautiful.

I am still pluggin along on my afghan and have had a few interuptions.. This is my first time ever making an afghan and its been trial and error with this dang thing. Maybe my specialty is baby blankets, (I don't know). I have learned so much from this afghan and gauge and all that. I heard people talk about the book S and B, So I just had to have it. Boy I have I learnded alot. I can see by my gan that I should have paid more attention to my gauge. But its cool the next one will even be better. Tomarrow I have to start a baby blanket, so looks like I will be working on both.. The baby blanket takes priority...

I have gotten pretty winded with this short comment so I should skoot on out of here. Have a great stitchen time.

Deb.

Hang in there. You'll be amazed at how much you will improve and how much you'll learn about your own technique.

That is great - we get to see your first afghan :clap

Keep at it - I'm sure you will do a wonderful job.

You know I was just thinking - I don't think I have EVER checked the gauge when I made an afghan. I guess I just never considered it that important since it really it is kind of a "one size fits all" kind of thing. Maybe I will check it with my next afghan just to see.

I've never checked the guage either. I don't think I ever have.

The Dazzleaire afghan is now about 3/4 done. I didn't take a photo of it yet. I've been working on it while I've been waiting for payday to get the rest of the yarn for the baby afghan.

Well, I've been sidetracked again. This time it's a comfortghan for a co-worker who will be having breast cancer surgery. That thread begins here

BarbaraJean, you don't have to add this one to the list in the first post. I'm hoping this one will be done within the next few weeks.

The Dazzleaire afghan is now about 3/4 done. I didn't take a photo of it yet. I've been working on it while I've been waiting for payday to get the rest of the yarn for the baby afghan.

Well, I've been sidetracked again. This time it's a comfortghan for a co-worker who will be having breast cancer surgery. That thread begins here

BarbaraJean, you don't have to add this one to the list in the first post. I'm hoping this one will be done within the next few weeks.

A very worthy distraction, Laurie.

Okay, I finished another two squares last night. I swear I can NEVER make more than two a day! :rant I guess I could, but then I wouldn't be doing anything else. But even at this rate I'll still have it done in time. I think. I can probably make more than just two a day when I go on trips, because there's really nothing else I could be doing. :plane

25/70

Oh, I'm so sorry about your co-worker. I wish I could help but know I wouldn't be able to get the squares to you soon. I am testing a pattern for someone (want to finish it this weekend) and I have a charity square to make for another afghan. I agree with BarbaraJean - that is a worth reason to sidetrack - how sweet that you would put that together for your co-worker. I'll say a prayer for her.

I swear I can NEVER make more than two a day!

Oh I can related - but you know - hey if you get two done a day then that is 2 more that you have finished. You'll get it done. I only have about an hour a day (if I'm lucky) to crochet so I know how you feel.

Okay, I finished another two squares last night. I swear I can NEVER make more than two a day! :rant I guess I could, but then I wouldn't be doing anything else. But even at this rate I'll still have it done in time. I think. I can probably make more than just two a day when I go on trips, because there's really nothing else I could be doing. :plane

25/70

Well, as long as you're enjoying it and going to get it finished in time, 2 squares a day is fine, right? And, hey, it is progress!

I've been MIA for a week or so now, but thought I'd better catch up. My DH fell and tore his meniscus in his left knee and had to have ortho surgery. (The Dr. my SIL, who is an OR nurse, wanted him to use had a 2 week waiting period so that wasn't good.) Just got the surgery done on Tuesday. This morning I wound up taking him to the ER with his BACK!! Our DS (no college classes for him this week) had told me yesterday that he would take his dad to the ER, but my DH took a shower and thought he felt better so he wouldn't go to the ER. (Of course, we all know that a shower will cure anything!!!! When my Dad had a heart attack last March, he wouldn't let Mom call me until after he had a shower because he thought that a shower would make him feel better and she wouldn't need to call me!! Men.) Well, this morning (after another sleepless night), my DH agrees to go to the ER. I went to get DS up to take him and DS says, "I've thrown up 3 times since 1 am, are you sure you want to take him?" Soooo on to Plan B. I took off work to take DH to the ER after I called Dad to come get DD (high school does have classes this week) and take her to school, got DS more Pepto, used the Lysol thruout the house and did a load of laundry! Turns out, DH had pulled the muscles down the right side of his back the Monday before his knee surgery. So after muscle relaxers and pain meds, they sent him home with 2 more prescriptions.

BUT, on the bright side, with all the waiting in the doctor's office and hospitals, I've finished one of the throws I'm making for graduation gifts and started a second one. :D I've also learned that most of the people I've seen in the hospital the last 2 or 3 days do not know the difference between crocheting :hook and knitting!!! The receptionist at same day surgery did pet the yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn I'm using on the throws and that was nice.

Sorry for the long rambling post - just trying to catch up. Hopefully things will calm down at my house for a day or two now and I can get back on track.

Later,

Lisa

:woo I think I'm going to beat two squares tonight! I have two done already, and the night is still young! :D so that brings me to 27/70 so far :yes

Barbara....yes, I agree, and they are fun. Each finished square feels like such an accomplishment, and I can't wait until it's finished. I'll be blissfully floating on Cloud Nine! :c9

I've been MIA for a week or so now, but thought I'd better catch up. My DH fell and tore his meniscus in his left knee and had to have ortho surgery. (The Dr. my SIL, who is an OR nurse, wanted him to use had a 2 week waiting period so that wasn't good.) Just got the surgery done on Tuesday. This morning I wound up taking him to the ER with his BACK!! Our DS (no college classes for him this week) had told me yesterday that he would take his dad to the ER, but my DH took a shower and thought he felt better so he wouldn't go to the ER. (Of course, we all know that a shower will cure anything!!!! When my Dad had a heart attack last March, he wouldn't let Mom call me until after he had a shower because he thought that a shower would make him feel better and she wouldn't need to call me!! Men.) Well, this morning (after another sleepless night), my DH agrees to go to the ER. I went to get DS up to take him and DS says, "I've thrown up 3 times since 1 am, are you sure you want to take him?" Soooo on to Plan B. I took off work to take DH to the ER after I called Dad to come get DD (high school does have classes this week) and take her to school, got DS more Pepto, used the Lysol thruout the house and did a load of laundry! Turns out, DH had pulled the muscles down the right side of his back the Monday before his knee surgery. So after muscle relaxers and pain meds, they sent him home with 2 more prescriptions.

BUT, on the bright side, with all the waiting in the doctor's office and hospitals, I've finished one of the throws I'm making for graduation gifts and started a second one. :D I've also learned that most of the people I've seen in the hospital the last 2 or 3 days do not know the difference between crocheting :hook and knitting!!! The receptionist at same day surgery did pet the yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn I'm using on the throws and that was nice.

Sorry for the long rambling post - just trying to catch up. Hopefully things will calm down at my house for a day or two now and I can get back on track.

Later,

Lisa

Wow Lisa. What a time you've had. Glad to see you back. Hope things do calm down for you.

:woo I think I'm going to beat two squares tonight! I have two done already, and the night is still young! :D so that brings me to 27/70 so far :yes

Good for you on the more than two squares!

I have done very little on the breast cancer ribbon ghan because I've been making other squares and then discovered I had to frog one of the ghan squares. I did that last night and then pooped out and decided to finish watching Medium without crocheting. Nothing thusfar tonight, work had me fired up and I just didn't feel like sitting down to crochet

Joyce

Okay I finally got un-mad enough at my knotted up ball of yarn :lol to finish my last strip now. :yes But I still have to make myself sit down at home long enough to fix up the ends of the rest that are too short or long. :no I might get some done on that tomorrow. :yarn

Lisa: Oh my goodness - I know you are worn out - your poor DH - it seems like things like that happens all at once - I hope things start smoothing out for you now. Glad you got one of your throws done!!

Nutsaboutcrochet13: Whoo hoo! You are moving along. I love that afghan you are making - I am sure it is going to be beautiful!

and decided to finish watching Medium without crocheting.

Ooohh ! I miss Medium! I havent' seen it since Lost came back on. I wish they'd move Medium back to 10:00 on Monday. I really like that show but like Lost better. But seeing you say you watched it makes me miss it.

Wow, everyone is having a busy week. I am out here the Equine Affair in OH with the saddle company I sell for. Now that the show has started I don't have time, but, I did get a ton done on the Harmony ghan for my hubby. I am on the border and I am going to have to get more yarn to finish. I'll post pics when I get back

Everyone's ghans are just beautiful. I have another one I'll start with you great folks, it is a MAM for a friend that has been on hold while I do hubby's. Have a great day.

Lisa,

Wow! Hang in there! Things have to get better, right? :D Is your completed project on our list? If so, let me know so that I can put COMPLETED! by it.

Barbara....yes, I agree, and they are fun. Each finished square feels like such an accomplishment, and I can't wait until it's finished. I'll be blissfully floating on Cloud Nine! :c9

Way to go!

Wow, everyone is having a busy week. I am out here the Equine Affair in OH with the saddle company I sell for. Now that the show has started I don't have time, but, I did get a ton done on the Harmony ghan for my hubby. I am on the border and I am going to have to get more yarn to finish. I'll post pics when I get back

Everyone's ghans are just beautiful. I have another one I'll start with you great folks, it is a MAM for a friend that has been on hold while I do hubby's. Have a great day.

Do you wish for me to go ahead and add the MAM to the list?

Archived