Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

ETA: BarbaraJean, we were posting at the same time... as soon as I hit submit, your beautiful afghan popped up on my screen. The name of it perfect. It is ELEGANT ! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Thanks! Now to decide on the next project. I think I've decided and may even start on it today. :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Elegant Clusters Afghan is finished! I just love this one. The pattern was simple and enjoyable, the yarn is nice to work with, the color is lovely and the finished project is going to be easy to sell. I will definitely make another of these some day!

ElegantClustersC002.jpg

Here is a picture of the border. I came up with my own border because I'm not a fan of tassels which is what the pattern called for.

ElegantClustersBorder.jpg

its beautiful!!!

:hook :hook Barbara Jean, I LOOOOOOVE that baby afghan. Nice work.

I wish I had more to report than I do but I spent all day Sunday playing with my crochet. Made some more squares for mythunderbird and then a little project for a girl at work

IM001199.jpg

The other side is another sun with a smiley face. I know I should've somehow lined the squares before stuffing them, but it was a quickly thrown together project done on a whim (just bought the fiber fill tonight in fact). Can I just say I have a sickness. I went to Michaels just to get fiber fill and I walked out with that, three skeins of RHSS in colorful variegates and a boye cro-hook that was on clearance (I got an I but they had h's and k's too). What's WRONG with me? :hook:no:think I don't even know what to do with a cro-hook! LOL

Joyce

That is a wonderful idea. An afghan to use on a good day or a bad day.

My next project is called "Graceful Fans" and is from the same pattern book "Vanna's Favorite Gift Afghans".

GracefulFans002.jpg

Wow!! Barb...you're on a roll!!!! I wish I could keep up with you!!! I like the new blanket so far though!! :manyheart

OOO I love that color, I love all blues! what size hook is that? it looks little! Can't wait to see how it looks all together!

Yes, it is little! The pattern calls for a G hook but I thought that was too small so this is the H. :hook The afghan will be all one color.

I have lots of catching up to do, but first BarbaraJean, woohoo!!!!!:cheer:clap

That Elegant Clusters ghan is gorgeous and the new one looks like it's going to be super pretty too. You mentioned selling these, is that for your church, or are you branching out?

Joyce

Joyce, I don't know what kind of sickness that is but trust me...

We ALL have the same virus :hook

!

LOL. I realize that but I don't even know how to use this particular hook LOL

Joyce

Is it too late to join in? I hadn't seen this thread until today, and I'm currently working on the Blushing Grannies afghan in these colors. I'm doubling the size of the afghan, which means 70 squares in all, :scared and I have 19/70 done so far! I thought I'd join in if there's still room :D

Welcome. Can't wait to see your progress

Joyce

Yes, I join the squares by sl stitch in the first ch-3, ch 1, going across the other square ch-3, sc, ch 1. First square in the middle of dc, sc, ch 1. Other square middle of dc, sc, ch 1, etc. All away across. Then when done you do the picot stitch around for border.

Thank you all for admiring our afghans. Means a lot. This is the first real big project both of us have ever done.

I just saw this. Thanks for posting Sue. I'm always looking for new ways to do this

Joyce

I have lots of catching up to do, but first BarbaraJean, woohoo!!!!!:cheer:clap

That Elegant Clusters ghan is gorgeous and the new one looks like it's going to be super pretty too. You mentioned selling these, is that for your church, or are you branching out?

Joyce

Thanks! boogie.gif Most of the things I make will be donated to my church Women's Ministries craft booth in October. It seems that over the past couple years our craft donations have decreased dramatically. Two of our crafters have now started having their own booth so I'm trying to get a few things made to donate. I'm wanting to make some of my turtle potholders. I can sell them cheaply. ;)

Thanks! boogie.gif Most of the things I make will be donated to my church Women's Ministries craft booth in October. It seems that over the past couple years our craft donations have decreased dramatically. Two of our crafters have now started having their own booth so I'm trying to get a few things made to donate. I'm wanting to make some of my turtle potholders. I can sell them cheaply. ;)

It seems the crafts are going down quite a bit. I'm glad you're making stuff to sell and I'll be right there to cheer you on. I have some wanna make projects just to see if I can do them, like the Polish Star potholder we'll see. I can't wait to see more from you

Joyce

It seems the crafts are going down quite a bit. I'm glad you're making stuff to sell and I'll be right there to cheer you on. I have some wanna make projects just to see if I can do them, like the Polish Star potholder we'll see. I can't wait to see more from you

Joyce

Thanks Joyce! :hug

Monday night I just added 3 more strips to my 200 granny square afghan. :yay:woo:jumpyay . Nine more rows to go and than on to Picot stitch marathon.

Wow! Way to go!

Barbara, could you add another project for me? I made this bunch of squares when I was really just starting to crochet, and I was thrilled with how fast there were to work up.... but that was 5 or 6 months ago, and they are all still sitting just at 5 inch squares. I think i've finally decided what to do with them... I want to add a row of black, probably DC around the edge of each of them, then join them, this should make a slightly larger afghan, and then the squares won't feel as useless! I'm not sure how much i'll love it, but there is always someone who can use a warm blanket!

DSCN0643.jpg

If anyone has any better suggestions about colors or ways to join them feel free to let me know, I just want to do something with the poor things!

Barbara, could you add another project for me? I made this bunch of squares when I was really just starting to crochet, and I was thrilled with how fast there were to work up.... but that was 5 or 6 months ago, and they are all still sitting just at 5 inch squares. I think i've finally decided what to do with them... I want to add a row of black, probably DC around the edge of each of them, then join them, this should make a slightly larger afghan, and then the squares won't feel as useless! I'm not sure how much i'll love it, but there is always someone who can use a warm blanket!

DSCN0643.jpg

If anyone has any better suggestions about colors or ways to join them feel free to let me know, I just want to do something with the poor things!

I would join them with the soft color you used for the center but you should use the color that would please you the most. :yes Those are great! I'll get it added to the list. :clap

DSCN0643.jpg

Jess--I'm glad you are finally doing something about those squares!!! I agree with Barbara...I think the cream color would look AMAZING with those squares!

Jess--I'm glad you are finally doing something about those squares!!! I agree with Barbara...I think the cream color would look AMAZING with those squares!

And... doesn't she do excellent work for somebody who has been crocheting for only 5 or 6 months!

Archived