Have you seen the picture of the one furball is working on? :eek

I have and I'd be out of my mind!!!!!!!:eek:think

But I can't WAIT to see it finished

Joyce

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know! Me too!

I thought my ears were burning a little today:lol . Sense that some people were talking about me:rofl . Yes I am going outta my mind working on my afghan. Oh! Here is the picture of the completed one in purples,greens, and blues my girlfriend did for the silent auction.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/mdour1234/DSC01136.jpg We are doing the picot stitch ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlllllll around the afghan:eek . It looks awesome though.

You caught us, Sue! :lol The picot will look great as a border!

I finished my baby afghan. I thought it was going to be too small but it's probably just right for a baby afghan.

BabyAfghan002.jpg

Aw! That is Beautiful:manyheart

That's beautiful! Are you joining your squares the same way your friend did? If so, HOW?

Joyce

Yes, I join the squares by sl stitch in the first ch-3, ch 1, going across the other square ch-3, sc, ch 1. First square in the middle of dc, sc, ch 1. Other square middle of dc, sc, ch 1, etc. All away across. Then when done you do the picot stitch around for border.

Thank you all for admiring our afghans. Means a lot. This is the first real big project both of us have ever done.

It seems like those of us who are posting frequently are making progress.

We'd like to hear from all our CAL members. How is everybody else doing?

Hey guys---I've been so super busy with school I haven't touched my crochet in over a week. It's what I get for neglecting my schoolwork the first half of the semester to crochet!! :devil I have 3 papers due next week (plus my birthday next week! The big double deuce!!) So hopefully by then I'll be able to have a little more down time.

I currently have my shell stitch blanket at my boyfriend's place, it's what I work on when I'm over there and we are watching a movie or something. I'm almost 3/4 of the way done!! After I do the body I'm going to do some sort of border in a pink color. I have until May 30th (my sister's due date!) to finish so if worse comes to worse I'll finish it right after exams!!!

I can't wait...only a month until the semester is over!! I'm not taking any summer classes so you can bet you'll see me a lot more active on this board!!!:cheer

BarbaraJean, that baby ghan looks really great!!

My ripple is almost done, but before i can keep working on it i have an exam tonight in proteomics, and three papers to write before next moday... my only consilation is that in three weeks I will have nothing to do BUT crochet!!!

I feel like I've been gone for ages. I went out of town last Wed. and just got back last night. I took my Pink Afghan to work on but never even picked it up - I was super busy while I was there. I didn't have internet access either so haven't been able to check in until now.

Julexia - those reds are so beautiful - I just love it! :manyheart

Sue - I can't imagine joining 200 squares - yikes - I thought joining almost 60 hexagons were a lot - I can't imagine having 3 times that many. :whew I love all the purples.

Jessica - your ripple is really coming along - I said it before and I'll say it again - I love blues and yellows together :tup

Molly - you are more than 1/2 way there-can't wait to see it :woo

Laurie - I love the pattern you are using for the baby afghan. I don't recall ever seeing one like that - it is really pretty. :c9

BarbaraJean - so glad you are feeling better!! Your baby afghan is precious-looks soft and snuggly :fluffy

As far as my progress goes. I have 4 rows joined on my Hexagon Afghan - only 3 more to go. I haven't make hardly any progress on my Pink Afghan - I only have lunch time to work on it right now and lately I've been working through lunch or taking a very short one so I haven't even completed one square yet (there are 24). I am - and I mean - I AM going to finish my joining my first afghan before the end of this week. I'm anxious to work more on the Pink one and won't take it home to work on it until I finish the 1st one.

My ripple is almost done, but before i can keep working on it i have an exam tonight in proteomics, and three papers to write before next moday... my only consilation is that in three weeks I will have nothing to do BUT crochet!!!

HA! That is EXACTLY how I feel right now!!!!

I can't freakin wait until summer!!!:hook

Hey guys---I've been so super busy with school I haven't touched my crochet in over a week. It's what I get for neglecting my schoolwork the first half of the semester to crochet!! :devil I have 3 papers due next week (plus my birthday next week! The big double deuce!!) So hopefully by then I'll be able to have a little more down time.

I currently have my shell stitch blanket at my boyfriend's place, it's what I work on when I'm over there and we are watching a movie or something. I'm almost 3/4 of the way done!! After I do the body I'm going to do some sort of border in a pink color. I have until May 30th (my sister's due date!) to finish so if worse comes to worse I'll finish it right after exams!!!

I can't wait...only a month until the semester is over!! I'm not taking any summer classes so you can bet you'll see me a lot more active on this board!!!:cheer

I'll play mom - your school work is what is most important right now. :yes:D I'm glad you're going to be able to take a break from it over the Summer though.

Thanks! I'm happy with the way the baby afghan turned out. And... glad to be finished with it. The yarn is beautiful but I found it difficult to work with. I think that for people who don't crochet as tightly as I do it would be no problem though. It certainly is soft.

Can't wait to see your completed Ripple! :yay

BarbaraJean - so glad you are feeling better!! Your baby afghan is precious-looks soft and snuggly :fluffy

As far as my progress goes. I have 4 rows joined on my Hexagon Afghan - only 3 more to go. I haven't make hardly any progress on my Pink Afghan - I only have lunch time to work on it right now and lately I've been working through lunch or taking a very short one so I haven't even completed one square yet (there are 24). I am - and I mean - I AM going to finish my joining my first afghan before the end of this week. I'm anxious to work more on the Pink one and won't take it home to work on it until I finish the 1st one.

I'm so thankful to be feeling better too! And it's great to see you back. :hug I do what you're doing to - not allow myself to work on something I really want to until I finish a project I'm not really enjoying or am bored with.

Is it too late to join in? I hadn't seen this thread until today, and I'm currently working on the Blushing Grannies afghan in these colors. I'm doubling the size of the afghan, which means 70 squares in all, :scared and I have 19/70 done so far! I thought I'd join in if there's still room :D

:hook :hook Barbara Jean, I LOOOOOOVE that baby afghan. Nice work.

I wish I had more to report than I do but I spent all day Sunday playing with my crochet. Made some more squares for mythunderbird and then a little project for a girl at work

IM001199.jpg

The other side is another sun with a smiley face. I know I should've somehow lined the squares before stuffing them, but it was a quickly thrown together project done on a whim (just bought the fiber fill tonight in fact). Can I just say I have a sickness. I went to Michaels just to get fiber fill and I walked out with that, three skeins of RHSS in colorful variegates and a boye cro-hook that was on clearance (I got an I but they had h's and k's too). What's WRONG with me? :hook:no:think I don't even know what to do with a cro-hook! LOL

Joyce

Is it too late to join in? I hadn't seen this thread until today, and I'm currently working on the Blushing Grannies afghan in these colors. I'm doubling the size of the afghan, which means 70 squares in all, :scared and I have 19/70 done so far! I thought I'd join in if there's still room :D

Welcome! I'll add your name and project to the first post. Hope to see lots of you and hear about your progress!

:hook :hook Barbara Jean, I LOOOOOOVE that baby afghan. Nice work.

Joyce

Thanks, Joyce! I'm now working on the border of my Elegant Clusters afghan. I love this one!

The Elegant Clusters Afghan is finished! I just love this one. The pattern was simple and enjoyable, the yarn is nice to work with, the color is lovely and the finished project is going to be easy to sell. I will definitely make another of these some day!

ElegantClustersC002.jpg

Here is a picture of the border. I came up with my own border because I'm not a fan of tassels which is what the pattern called for.

ElegantClustersBorder.jpg

Nutsaboutcrochet13: Welcome!! I liked the colors you picked for your afghan. Which issue of Crochet Today is that in?

Can I just say I have a sickness. I went to Michaels just to get fiber fill and I walked out with that, three skeins of RHSS in colorful variegates and a boye cro-hook that was on clearance (I got an I but they had h's and k's too). What's WRONG with me?

Joyce, I don't know what kind of sickness that is but trust me...

We ALL have the same virus :hook

ETA: BarbaraJean, we were posting at the same time... as soon as I hit submit, your beautiful afghan popped up on my screen. The name of it perfect. It is ELEGANT ! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Archived