Men!!!

:eek I was shocked!!!

I took my husband for surgery yesterday. Of course, I took a bag of yarn and some hooks and my new crochet today! magazine.

Well...we were waiting for them to take him back to be prepped for his surgery...I stepped on out to use the ladies room and of course that is when they called him back. I left my precious crochet items with him thinking he would still be there when I returned. I was only away for like 3 minutes and when I came back...my bag was there...not a big deal...I was okay with that part.

Here is the issue...The nurse that took him back came out later and made a comment about the bag being mine. Then...she said that my husband said it was okay to leave it there when she took him back. He said, "There is nothing of value in the bag...just her knitting.":eek :eek

I can't believe he said the "k" word:2nono !!!...AND said it was of NO VALUE:eek !!!

Oh...I was fuming:tryme ...I couldn't wait to get back there and talk :box to him...he wasn't on the drugs yet when he said that...

When I got to see him...I asked what he meant..."k*******" stuff??? I said, "You know I don't k***". I was...oh...MEN...they just don't get it!!!

Well...now it is pay-back:devil ...I have to "take care" of him :haha :haha !!! He had rotator cuff repair and a bone spur removed from his shoulder. Wait until the tape has to be removed from his hairy chest and I have to remove his tubing for his pain pump:haha !!! See if he get his Oxy!!! Ha...he will pay!!!

He will never call crochet by any other name again!!!:angel

You could tell people he had some other kind of surgery . . . something embarrassing:devil . . . like having something removed . . . something of no value:lol and if he gets mad, just tell him you were confused like he was.;)

I've had a few people call it sewing:eek, so I have to give him credit for at least calling it something in the same medium. :P

:rofl :rofl :rofl MEN.........too funny. My Hubby always calls it knitting or cross-stitching BUT he knows the difference is just trying to aggravate me. Why must everything be a joke with men?? Anything to do with my yarn or hook is NOT, I repeat is NOT a joke. :angry:lol :lol :lol :lol

Mine doesn't know the difference between knit or crochet, or needles from hooks. But, you can bet I know the difference between a driver, iron, or putter and what each is used for, and I don't play golf! Now, when it's time to give a gift, guess what he wants me to do?

I do have to give him a :clap, cause I found out he's actually bragging on me for crocheting for Fisher House. :c9

Tell me about it! My husband has been told over and over and over and...well, you get the idea...that I crochet, I don't knit.

Well, the other night I was crocheting and he made some comment about me knitting again. I shot him what he'd call "the look" and remained silent for a few seconds and told him that "No. I'm crocheting. There's a difference."

The sad thing is I know that he'll continuously make this mistake. I think so many people are used to hearing about knitting...'cause knitting stuff is everywhere...even at the book store! You try to find a book on crocheting and there's usually a few that are buried in between the masses of the knitting books. Oh and crochet magazines are almost non-existent. In fact, in one of the book stores that I frequent, I think I found a crochet magazine there once. It's VERY frustrating.

Aimee

my very very close friend always ask me if I am still hooking? At least he knows the difference :yay of course after I poked him a few times with my old kni..... needles :rofl and then hooked him he learned the difference really fast :)

I get that all the time from people at work. I work at the customer service desk in retail, and when we're slow (always in the mornings) the customers always ask, "What are you knitting." Sometimes I correct them, other times I just tell them what I'm making.

My boyfriend used to get them confused, mostly on purpose. But now that he's knitting, he'd never get them mixed up on purpose or not.

Ladies...it is so good to know I am not alone!!!

I think this is the greatest place...here at the 'ville!!! We are able to vent :thair and :rant ...get on our :soap box...:cry and :laughroll . This is better than going to my Therapist!!!

:ghug and thank you!!!

Now I am having a bit of a "guilt-trip" about doin the pain thing. He bought me a "Pony"!!! A 2002 Mustang!!! How can I take revenge on him now???

Now I am having a bit of a "guilt-trip" about doin the pain thing. He bought me a "Pony"!!! A 2002 Mustang!!! How can I take revenge on him now???

No Guilt here!:no You deserve that car. :yes Afterall he felt that there was nothing to worry about in leaving your bag sit unattended! Shoot it is a 2002, which is pretty good, but if it was a 2007 then you might possibly let him off the "hook"! :laughroll

Wow!! Congrats on the car!!

I told my DH about this thread...and he said "man, he's in trouble!! Doesn't he know the easiest way to keep her happy is to call it crochet??" And then he asked me when I'm re-stocking my stash LOL!! Yeah, he's a smart one...knows all the sure fire ways to stay in my good graces LOL!!

Jessie

I was going to suggest, that when the bandages come off, pull them off really

S.........L.............O..............W...........L............Y !!!:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil

Believe me, I can vouch for the pain as I had pretty much the op 3 years ago. I don't have a hairy chest, but it still hurt like **** and my hubby enjoyed it immensly

But seeing he got you a car, you could probably disregard my above suggestions:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil

My mom works at Hobby Lobby, so I spend a great deal of time there and have gotten to know some of the people she works with. There's this guy, Shaun who I tend to joke around with. I was standing in the beloved yarn isle when he walks up behind me and asks if I was going to sew his something. I laughed at him, and harrassed him about not knowing that you sew with fabric, not yarn. :heehee He asked what you do with yarn and I told him, knit or crochet. "so you gonna crochet me something?" I gave him so much crap about working in a craft store and not knowing what you do with yarn. Apparently I embarrassed him, he told my mom about it sheepishly. He is now the proud owner of a crocheted hat. :hook Mom said he went home during lunch and tried it on, since he couldn't wear it at work.

Now my hubby, he knows better. He's even gotten to the point where he can see an item in a store and he's like, that's knitted, that's crocheted and he even manages to be right most of the time.:clap:manyheart

Archived