Are you a finisher or processing crocheter?

I'm enjoing more the finished projects. I have no patience to see how it's going to look like finished and to brag about what I've done. I think that is why I (almost completely) abandoned knitting-it is too slow for me! I need the whole my life just to mastered it, and I don't want to spend ALL my life on it!

How about you?

I'm more about the STARTING than the FINISHING! That's why I have so many WIPs and WIMs and UFOs! :blush It makes my husband crazy... he says, "why don't you FINISH something?" Because I go to Michael's and see row after row of pretty yarn and BOOM, inspiration strikes and I come home with a new project to begin! :hook

I like the whole process, from beginning to end. However, I have found a couple of projects that really bored me and never got finished...nor will get finished. There's nothing like admiring something I crocheted and being able to say "I made that!", though.

I love having a finished project. I'm one of those people who like almost instant gratification. But I also enjoy the process. I crochet a lot (well... mostly) on airplanes. I enjoy the rythem my projects have. It gives me something to do and pay attention to when I can't get up and move around. If I can't get the rythem of a pattern or project, forget it, frog time!

I like both too. But knitting is just way too slow!!! I learned the basics of knitting first and then taught myself to crochet and that is just so much quicker. I like when I finish something and feel like I have accomplished something.

Especially since I have a ton of yarn everywhere!

Angie

Both the process and the finished project. I used to be really bad about trying to rush myself to get stuff done and crocheting became more like "work" to me. Now I enjoy the whole thing from finding which pattern I want to work with, which colors to use, and seeing how the project takes form as I go along. I don't pressure myself to crochet a certain amount of time everyday in order to hurry to get the project done. I don't have any deadlines...so there's no need to rush.

Aimee

I seem to go through cycles of wanting to start a bunch of projects, then wanting to finish things like crazy when it seems like it's been forever since I finished anything. :)

Speaking of which, I've been working on nothing but an afghan for a while now, so I think it's about time for the shift to occur again. :lol

that depends on how much time I have and how many more ideas come flowing to my head.

sometimes I go on a one at a time mission...and boy do those ever feel good.

but alot of the time I spread the love around, working on several projects (of differnt types) all at the same time, it breaks up boredom strikes too

Archived