HGTV - diy Craft Shows

charkitty

Hi Charkitty!

Here is what Vickie Howell had to say about the schedule:

Hey all. Some of you have e-mailed about HGTV's change in programming, so I wanted to give you the scoop. As I think I mentioned before, HGTV was experimenting with having craft programming on their network by airing Knitty Gritty, Uncommon Threads, Craft Lab, B. Original, Scrap Booking and Creative Juices, temporarily. It appears that as of Feb 19th, their 3-hour a day craft block will no longer exists. I encourage you to write HGTV to express your desire to continue seeing our brand of creative programming on their network (and of course, call your cable provider to pester them to put DIY on the base backage of cable). FYI, your letters totally help. The proof being that until Feb. 16th, they're airing new episodes of Knitty Gritty daily and after Feb. 16th you'll STILL be able to watch the show MFW mornings at 7am (I know. Early. Just set your Tivos ;-))! Uncommon Threads will be airing at the same time on T&TH.
If you want to see Knitty Gritty back on a daily basis in a great time slot please feel free to fill out this contact form on the HGTV website. Emails really do make a difference!! :devil

Tell HGTV What You Think

Have a great day!

:bounce

I was so mad they changed that.

It is on only every other day now here. and I hardly ever get the uncommon threads.

I use to watch the Simply Quilts. but it is mostly all re-peats as the craft show of Carolls.

Why can't they leave the shows along? :(

They have completely about runied the shows on hgtv anyways. :yes

I was annoyed when I saw the list of shows that replaced these crafty ones. Pull up a blanket because they're real snoozers.

I for one am looking forward to the Knit and Crochet Today show coming out I believe in the Fall on PBS. Candy Jensen is the host and our very own Rachel (Crochet by Faye) is featured! My guess is that because Coats and Clark are sponsering it, they show will feature their yarns, but who cares?! I just want to see more crochet on t.v.

I'm so greedy. ta-hee-hee. ;-)

P.S. Please email HGTV and tell them what you think! The more the merrier.

Hi Charkitty!

Here is what Vickie Howell had to say about the schedule:

If you want to see Knitty Gritty back on a daily basis in a great time slot please feel free to fill out this contact form on the HGTV website. Emails really do make a difference!! :devil

Tell HGTV What You Think

Have a great day!

Thanks for the info, Crochet Dude. Unfortunately my system is not compatible with HGTV, so I guess I'll have to use 'snail mail'!

charkitty

I rarely get to see these shows as I work during the day and with the summer and school vacations off I try to catch up watching them only to find they are no longer on! I emailed HGTV and I hope they reconsider and add them back onto their schedule.

Wendyb532

I sent my e-mail too! I couldn't figure why my DVR was on at 7 am the other morning, and when I turned the tv on and saw Vicki, I was puzzled. Then I checked my guide and didn't see any Knitty Gritty during the day!

I know, I don't knit...but I love that show...and I did learn recently, I'm just trying to get the crochet stuff done first!

I watch Knitty Gritty too when I can. I enjoy watching knitting and sometimes they delve a tad into crochet.

Keep those emails coming ladies and gents. I hope they get the message that we're not giving up on UC getting back on every day.

My knitting has improved tremendously since I started watching Knitty Gritty each day. I may only pick up one little trick or piece of advice but I'm learning from such amazing teachers as Sally Mellville, Vicki Square, and Melissa Leapman! What a great opportunity it is for us!! :clap

I've sent a message :compute to DIY and HGTV. HGTV's e-mail site was down for a long time, I'm glad you posted this to reming me to try and contact them to complain about the awful new show schedule for Uncommon Threads and Knitty Gritty (they where the only ones showing season 5 & 6).

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Florida, all great craft shows have gone to the DIYnetwork. Uncommon threads, Knits shows, etc, they have some I had not seen before, I now, have them all set to tape all day. But you are right, there is not much left on the HGTV and more, mostly fixing up homes, just how much of that do we need? As for the shows, one can go to DIYnetwoork.com and see them all on line.

• 2 weeks later...

i usually just record all the shows i want to watch on sundays for the week so i dont miss them.... i hate that uncommon threads is only on 2 days a week, i love that show because its like the only show that has crochet projects.... i watch knitty gritty everynow and then

I sent an e-mail. I'm not very hopeful, though. I went on the Carol Duvall Crafting Cruise in October, and she said HGTV "is going in another direction", meaning they want a younger demographic. I think they don't realize how much money we spend on yarn, magazines, and all the other goodies we hoard, er, collect for our hobbies.

Their comment site makes you give almost full data on yourself, I managed to leave just my street name, and just my area code and phone prefix. I would like to suggest that they not ask for so much personal data. No other site I've left comments on ever demanded THAT much data.

most of the projects I see on Knitty Gritty are more for knitters have my age (I will be 46 near the end fo April) I have crocheted over 30 years, and have knitted for about 7 years. Once I learned to knit, I have to admit to not crocheting that much. I did visit your blog, Drew, and like the top you are trying to get help naming. When will you be offering it for sale? I know another male crocheter, Peter Franzi. I go to the "crochet soirees" he's had at his place (he is about 40 miles north of me). He is starting up a CGOA group for men (women can attend the meetings though).

Archived