HH Garden Scarf

Sue89

Last night I decided to make a scarf to go with my new hat, so before I went to bed I cranked out a Garden Scarf from the pattern in the Happy Hooker book. I chose the colors claret (to match the hat), black and aran. These aren't traditional flower colors, but they're the colors I wear the most every winter and I kind of like that they're a little unexpected. My flowers came out a bit smaller than they were supposed to, so I had to add 3 more to get the right length.

th_gardenscarf.jpg

th_gardenscarfclose.jpg

Thanks! The punchline is that now our weather is about to warm up to the 80's again. :hot

The Garden Scarf is a nice and easy pattern to follow. There was only one problem that wasn't addressed in the posted corrections. If anyone is planning to work this pattern, watch out for the Flower C directions. In round 3 right after it says "Ch1, (sc,hdc, 2dc, hdc, sc) in each of 6 ch-4 loops," I think it should then say "(sc, hdc) in next ch-4 loop" before it goes on to "skip 2 petals..."

• 6 months later...

Pretty scarf! I like the way you changed the colors to suit you. It turned out great! :clap

Thanks for posting those pattern corrections, btw. :ty That's really helpful...I've wanted to give that pattern a try as well.

Archived