Going to Graceland -15 inch doll

darski

Going to Graceland -doll :pinterest

post-4896-0-51574300-1364348949_thumb.jpg

Doggie Skirt…

post-4896-0-68206600-1364348950.jpg

This skirt really requires a dog button – mine is a Scottie dog - or the ability to embroider a dog on it for the full effect.

Create the 1/4inch elastic waistband and work 40 sc into ring.

Row 2-3:Work DC even

Row 4: Work (dc in 3, 3dc in next) around

Rows 5–7: Work dc even. Break off.

Adding details
With black, attach yarn where you will be putting your “doggie” and work a chain leash, attach to skirt in one or two places and end at waistband. Break off. Attach or embroider motif.

Pink Sweater…

post-4896-0-12122900-1364348950.jpg
Remember your closure and allow for that. I worked a tight ch 5 loop on the Right Back on 2 rows. Sweater is shown with 2 sleeve styles. You can just make longer sleeves if you like that look.

Row 1: Chain 27 work dc in 3rd chain from hook then work (dc, 2dc) across (38 dc?)

Row 2: dc in 5, ch1, dc in 9, ch 1, dc in 10, ch 1, dc in 9, ch1, dc in 5.

Row 3: dc in dc and V-st in ch1 spaces

Row 4: dc in each st up to (incl) ch1 of V-st. ch 4 then work dc in next V-st space. Double crochet to next sleeve and work as first – end with dc across back.

Row 5: dc in every dc and chain st.

Row 6: Work (dc in dc FPdc in next) across …break off.

Finish as needed (buttons, Velcro?)

Socks…

post-4896-0-76151800-1364348951.jpg

I followed the pattern from here… more or less :wlol Yes I did do these with baby yarn and a 3.25mm hook and boy was it a challenge.

http://www.graftonfibers.com/socks.htm

I tried to work with 24 sts around and added the “de rigueur” twists in the bobby sox tops. I worked the tops with rows of sc followed by rows of (sc, fpdc in next) reaching forwards or back to get my twists.

post-4896-0-28328500-1364348952.jpg

Saddle Shoes…

post-4896-0-23547700-1364348951_thumb.jpg

Need Tan for soles, white for tops and Navy or some other colour for “saddles” Brown and Red seemed to be the ‘other’ colours that were popular.

Make standard sole with tan yarn

Row 1: Chain 7 and work sc around chain. Work 4 sc in heel (start) end and 5 sc in toe end.

Row 2: work sc in heel area and hdc around rest of sole. Work 2 sc in 3 sts at heel end and 2 hdc in 4 sts at toe end. Break off.

Uppers - white
Row 1: Attach yarn at heel and work FPhdc around outer edge of sole and join.
Row 2: Work a second row of hdc around and join.

These shoes have to go over socks so they need to be a little more generous.
Row 3: work sc around and join

Row 4: find *centre stitch* at toe area and mark or note its location.
Work sc around decreasing as needed but decrease twice on either side of centre stitch. Break off.

[*Centre Stitch- sc into centre stitch then ch 4, work 2 tr and ch4 into sc just made] creates tongue.

The Saddles…
At the base of the upper, find 5 stitches near the back of the shoe and join yarn at back st.
Work all 4 saddles the same basic way adapting to the direction you need to go.

Row 1: Work sc into 3 st and sl st into 2 sts.

Row 2: Sl st in 1 st, sc in 3, hdc in last st and connect to shoe here.

Continue working the rows using sc only until the saddles seem to meet as needed at the front of the shoe. Connect to shoe as you are able.

Make all the saddles then “lace” the shoes using yarn that will show up. (Yes, I know that the shoelaces simply had to be pristine white but this isn’t reality :loco)

I put a bit of clear nail polish on the knots for my laces so they will not undo easily.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Too cute, Darski! I picked up a Dora doll today at Target as I love all your outfits. I can't wait to start making clothes for her. You inspire me.

I'm happy to know that she is available in a few places yet. she seemed to be scarce there for a bit.

I think we should all be very, very, very nice

to all our thread crocheters :hug so they will make us more socks.

yeah! that's the ticket :devil:hook:yay

I had a pair of saddle shoes when I was in Jr. High....my mom made me a poodle skirt to match. She loved them, she wore them in her day---the 50s and 60s. This great pattern goes into my Darski Doll Pattern folder. i have all of them and hopefully this payday or next, i will have the doll so I can get busy.:c9

I had a pair of saddle shoes when I was in Jr. High....my mom made me a poodle skirt to match. She loved them, she wore them in her day---the 50s and 60s. This great pattern goes into my Darski Doll Pattern folder. i have all of them and hopefully this payday or next, i will have the doll so I can get busy.:c9

I do agree that it is best to have the doll to check the patterns when you make them. just in case.

I was just a pre-teen when Poodle skirts were the rage so I was the younger one looking up in awe and wonder at the skirts and all the lore that went with them.

I did have the saddle shoes. They were enough like a "good, stout" oxford shoe that my grandfather agreed to let me have them. :yay

I do agree that it is best to have the doll to check the patterns when you make them. just in case.

I was just a pre-teen when Poodle skirts were the rage so I was the younger one looking up in awe and wonder at the skirts and all the lore that went with them.

I did have the saddle shoes. They were enough like a "good, stout" oxford shoe that my grandfather agreed to let me have them. :yay

I want the doll mostly because of the head size and you can't make sure your items are the right size without the model!:yes

I LOVED my saddle shoes and skirt. All my friends wanted my mom to make them one. She was gifted at sewing and crochet...could whip up anything without a pattern.

Darski.. where do you get the inspiration?!?! All your things are amazing, but this pops up all those 60's pics with polka dots and net skirt hems. just adorable!

Archived