Quick Crown

darski

I wanted to do something else with the (2L) pop bottle that I bought but this just seemed to need to be done...

crown1.jpg

Cut a small ring from a 2 L pop bottle and sc around and join.

I just kept going and didn't count but lots seems good and more would have been better.

I worked 3 (2dc, ch 2, 2dc) shells and attached the last dc with sc into base. Work *ch 4, skip 3 ch, sc* around and finish by securing free end of first shell. work sc around top of the 3 shells working 5 sc into the central ch2 space

crown2.jpg

I would be tempted to frost this with some white glue for a little one to be able to enjoy it more.

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

yep... I am still considering the high heels thingy though :heehee

Well, if anyone could figure out how to get Dora in heels, it's you!

Darski this is really cool! they'd be great for kids parties and stuff. alter the title of the thread to remove doll i thinketh!!!

ok darski, now she needs a ball gown to go with the sweet tiara!

btw what is a quince party???

A Quinceanera is a rite of passage for a 15 year old girl in hispanic/latino tradition. I think it is a lovely tradition that recognizes a girl's move into adult womanhood. I do think it is a good idea for society to provide a clear doorway for young people to know and understand their move into new responsibilities and privileges.

http://www.quinceanera-boutique.com/quinceaneratradition.htm

the problem for this doll is that she is a child - around 6 years old I believe. Hmmm, maybe she is invited to her cousin's quinceanera and bears the high heels for Mamma...

:manyheart i love making your dora patterns. they are so sweet.thank you gor sharing them all. cant wait to make them all. my dil has a neice who has a dora doll. thanks again for sharing. debi

Very cute. I never thought of how to make a crown. You did a great job.

Isn't Quince when a girls turns 15 and has a big party? I think it's a Mexican or Spanish tradition... that's all I know... don't know anything else about it...

edit....

too many posts before I hit send! lol. Glad someone knew more about Quince then me. Thanks.

Archived