A Colourful Cowgirl in Calgary-15 inch doll

darski

A Colourful Cowgirl in Calgary :pinterest

post-4896-0-27209200-1364331113_thumb.jpg

PDF is here: A Colourful Cowgirl in Calgary.pdf

This pattern is an old one and the pics were based on the "Ville's small pic standards. 

It took a while and a couple of tries to make this come out as it did. :sigh

The Gauchos:

post-4896-0-11637200-1364331115.jpgpost-4896-0-68220300-1364331115.jpg

Legs: Make 2 but do not break off after the 2nd one.

Row 1: Chain 30, join and dc around

Rows 2,3,4: dc around decreasing by 2 on each round but vary where you decrease each time. (each leg should have 24 sts by now)

Row 5: Align the two legs and work sc over 8 stitches to form crotch. Then work dc around the two legs – be sure to work a dc into the sc join just to avoid a hole in that area.

Rows 6-9: dc around

Straps: you should be at the Centre back. If not, break off and attach yarn 1 stitch before centre back stitch

If yes, ch1 and turn . work one slip st into next st ch1 turn
Work 3 sc in 3 sts. Turn

*Work: dc, 2dc, dc into the 3 sc, turn. (4dc)
Work : dc, 2dc, 2dc, dc into the 4 dc, turn (6 dc)
Work: dc into first 3 dc ch 2 turn,
Work dc into 3rd dc and chain 20. join in 7th ch from hook to form buttonhole.*

Repeat for the remaining 3 dc from strap base,
Sew on buttons at CF.

I have no idea how to make Velcro work for this one :wlol You might be able to sc around an elastic waistband … see what works for y’all

White short sleeved top
Remember your closure and allow for that. I worked a tight ch 5 loop on the Right Back on 3 rows.
Row 1: Chain 27 work dc in 3rd chain from hook then work (dc, 2dc) across (38 dc?)

Row 2: dc in 5, ch1, dc in 9, ch 1, dc in 10, ch 1, dc in 9, ch1, dc in 5.

Row 3: dc in dc and V-st in ch1 spaces

Row 4: dc in dc, V-st in V-st.

Row 5: dc in each st up to (incl) ch1 of V-st. ch 4 then work dc in next V-st space. Double crochet to next sleeve and work as first – end with dc across back.

Row 6: dc in every dc and chain st. break off.

Finish as needed (buttons, Velcro?)

Vest…

post-4896-0-94005600-1364331113_thumb.jpg

Ch 37 and work 36 hdc across.
Work a row of Dc across then divide and mark into fronts, sleeves and back.
Fronts – 6 st ea.
Armholes – 4 st ea.
Back – 16 st

Work fronts in 6 rows of DC reducing to 3 sts for shoulders.
Work the back in 6 rows of DC (reduce a few sts) and work 3 sts for each shoulder. Leave long tails for joining.

Sew shoulder seams.

Cowboy Boots

post-4896-0-22678900-1364331116.jpg

With black work sole – need those pointed toes for this to work :heehee

Chain 7 and sc around working 4 sc in toe end and only 3 sc in heel (starting) end.

Work the second row with sc in the heel end but hdc for the rest being sure you work 2 hdc in the two forward toe stitches. Break off black.

Note: While working the uppers, you want a trim boot so decrease along sides if needed.
Uppers row 1: Join Tan coloured yarn in heel area and work FPhdc around sole area, join

Row 2: Work hdc around but work hdc decrease in the stitches on either side of the 2 forward toe stitches

Row 3: hdc around but work decrease over the 2 forward toe stitches.

Row 4: hdc around.

Work scalloped tops equally around top using sl st, sc, hdc and dc (2dc) as needed to form boot tops.
Cowboy Hat
post-4896-0-75724100-1364331116.jpgpost-4896-0-29531100-1364331117.jpg

I should be paying someone to have this much fun :wlol

Work these stitches tightly and use a small(er) hook to get a stiffer fabric. (I used a 4.5mm for this)

Ch 6 and work around chain doing 2 sc then hdc (5hdc in end st)around and back to last 2 for sc. Join
Join after each round…

Work 4 rows of SC around increasing at ends only as needed to keep flat.

Work 8 rows of SC even (no increase) to form the sides,
Form Brim…
Work : FPsc, 2 FPsc around and join

Work 3 rows of hdc around increasing only if absolutely necessary. On the last row, work 2 hdc in front stitch to form slight point.

Lanyard….

post-4896-0-29531100-1364331117.jpg

Get 2 long strands of black (or what colour you choose) and a smaller 2-hole button.

Put the two strands of yarn through the holes on the button then attach the ends to the inside of the hat crown. Find the centre point of the yarn and tie a simple knot just to keep the lanyard centred when worn. Slide the button up under the chin to keep the hat on the head.

Lariat

post-4896-0-44049200-1364331114.jpg

(With Tan colour) Work a very long chain pulling each stitch tightly as you go.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

sweet outfit, I really love:bheart that variegated yarn! :ideaYou are going to have to figure out a bag with some pockets or something to hold this doll's clothes and accessories!!!

Oh, Darski, she is just too adorable.:cowgirl I was just making up a shopping list to pick up more yarn and now I have to add some more.:c9

I'm working on the snowsuit right now with a slight variation of your design. I'll post pics when I'm done and able to.

Carolyn

Too Cute!!!

I might have to shop for a Dora doll now!!!!!

I love the cowgirl hat and cowgirl boots!!!!!

What cute ideas you have for Dora clothes!!! Hope you have your own pattern book some day!!! (But then we would have to pay to crochet them!):manyheart

• 2 weeks later...
So cute! My nephew LOVES dora and I live in Calgary... Maybe I should give it a try!

it would be easy to make pants instead and turn the shirt around for a boy.

You really have to make this... what with being from Calgary and all. :wlol

• 7 years later...

Hi, i love this pattern and am lucky enough to have a daughter who loves dora so i can make these for her. I made the ballet outfit today and started off on this one too. I dont understand what im supposed to do in row 5 of the gauchos. I wish someone would make a tutorial of these since im a beginner.

Archived