Evening Shawl

KnicKnac

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

Wish me luck! I started this, this afternoon and put it down and went and looked for another pattern to do. But since you said after row 10 the pattern flows I'm going to pick it back up and try again. I want to give this to my gf for her 50th birthday this month.

I personally would never use tassels or fringe because I think they are too fussy. Looks great the way it is. Unless you are a real "frou-frou" type, I think tassels and fringe are overkill.

I personally would never use tassels or fringe because I think they are too fussy. Looks great the way it is. Unless you are a real "frou-frou" type, I think tassels and fringe are overkill.

I agree...but the shawl is beautiful...I would just omit any fringe or tassles !!! Thanks for sharing!

Hi! I have been searching the Internet and this forum for a week to try to find a crocheted shawl pattern suitable for my future daughter in law. (I have a year to make something for the wedding from a fine weight white cashmere/silk blend yarn. I should, with luck, have time to work past those troublesome first rows!) I saw the evening shawl pattern swatch and thought it might work, but your lovely finished project confirms my initial judgment. I especially love your version without any added edging. Thanks again for sharing, Knicknack!

• 2 years later...

Archived