Evening Shawl

KnicKnac

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The link is in the very first post of this thread. It's called Evening Shawl.

Tina

hi! i'd like to know if u could give me the pattern for this shawl u made....i would like to try it out tooo...thanx

Thanks again for all the really nice compliments.

Well KnicKnac, you have inspired me to dig mine out of my plastic bin and I have commenced working on it. :hook (I know why I put it away!.... have you ever worked with Red Heart Symphony?....) :rolleyes (It's not the easiest to work with. And even less easy to frog.) I am also not as far as I thought, but.... Oh well. :)

Tina

WOO HOO Tina! I hope it goes well for you! I can't wait to see it!!! Yes, we do have a habit of following each other with projects eh? I have never used Red Heart Symphony, and now I probably WONT!

It's beautiful KnicKnac! Doesn't someone have the corrections to make it easier for anyone else who wants to make it.

There isn't really any corrections, it was just that it was CHAOS during the first few rows, you just really have to pay attention to what you are doing, kinda like doing a doily!!!

KnicKnac, do you have any idea how many balls of the Tahki cotton you used? I looked that yarn up and I see that it is 108 yards per ball. I am trying to figure out about how much fiber I would need to make this pattern and I am hoping to find a good yarn. I can not seem to find anything out about the original yarn they mention on the website with the pattern (Spinnerin Startime).

Thanks!

Thanks again people, you are the greatest!

KnicKnac, do you have any idea how many balls of the Tahki cotton you used? I looked that yarn up and I see that it is 108 yards per ball. I am trying to figure out about how much fiber I would need to make this pattern and I am hoping to find a good yarn. I can not seem to find anything out about the original yarn they mention on the website with the pattern (Spinnerin Startime).

Thanks!

Yeah, I couldn't find anything on that Spinnern either. There are exactly, almost to the yard 8 skiens of Tahki in it. I used an "F" hook. Roli made it in Lustersheen - which seems to have worked up nicely. Hope that helps!

• 4 weeks later...
WOW! This thing took me FOREVER!!! I don't know what it was, it just was one of those things that seem to never end.

The pattern is here - the inspiration to do this particular pattern came from Roli here - poor Roli! I bugged her SO many times during the making of this shawl and she helped me out each and everytime, what a sweetie she is.

When I was finished FINALLY, I bugged Anna (Lavelle26) about how I should embellish it, whether to put fringe or tassels or edging.

I finally decided not to put anything! I just put a little edging on it that when my friend who I crochet with saw it, she was like, it doesn't need a thing! Just leave it as is!

The yarn is Cotton Classic by Tahki - in Dk Khaki.

PLEASE tell me it looks ok without fringe or tassels!!! Please?!?!?!?

sp-shawl.jpg

I love this! You did a fantastic job on it and it certainly does not need fringe or any other embellishment. The stitches are beautiful!

Joybelle

I think it looks beautiful without fringe or tassels! :) Very lovely. I had been dying to see what that pattern looked like when worked up too, so thanks for sharing! I definitely plan to put this on my list.

Looks like a pretty thin yarn, but not quite thread... maybe a fine/fingering weight would be good? What did you use? I wondered about maybe this, but wasn't sure if I should double it.

I am also relieved that you all like the edging!!!

Hi, love your shawl and was wondering what type of edging/stich you used:scrachin ?

I'm new to crochet and I'm part of a shawl ministry and I do not like fringe, would like to add another type of edging to my shawls?

TIA

First of all, I want to thank you all for the really nice words!!!

Looks like a pretty thin yarn, but not quite thread... maybe a fine/fingering weight would be good? What did you use? I wondered about maybe this, but wasn't sure if I should double it.

I used Tahki Cotton Classic, it says it's a worsted weight, but in working with it, I believe it more to be a dk weight. But I think it would be BEAUTIFUL in Bernat Cool Crochet, that stuff is GORGEOUS!!! This kind of thing can be made as big as you want so guage isn't all that important.

Hi, love your shawl and was wondering what type of edging/stich you used:scrachin ?

I'm new to crochet and I'm part of a shawl ministry and I do not like fringe, would like to add another type of edging to my shawls?

TIA

The edging is just the last row of the pattern:

Row 38: Sc in first sp, * ch 5, sc in next sp, repeat from * across two sides of shawl; work 1 row sc across top of shawl. End off.

That is all I did! Looks better than just that eh? :rofl

Archived