Evening Shawl

KnicKnac

It is lovely!! What a nice job you did!! I would love a shawl like that. Now I have to go researching that pattern you used.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knic Knack,

Beautiful pattern and really like your finishing...The edgeing is very elegant..color also unusual...really nice. I don't when you have the time to make so many projects...????:cheer

Thank you so much all of you for the very kind words! Awfully sweet!

I don't when you have the time to make so many projects...????:cheer

Have you ever noticed that it's sometime MONTHS before I post finished objects? It's because I work on so many at one time, and then when I finish one, well there seems to be a bunch that finish at ONCE! :lol

it look absolutely beautiful. i have been drooling over this pattern, and even started it once. but i had problems with the pattern and frogged it.

Believe it or not, when Roli first posted that she had done it, I grabbed some LusterSheen that I had and tried, it, HATED it and frogged it. I kept going back and looking at Roli's finished project and just loved it. I decided to try it again...this time, I asked for help on the board. The first 9 - 10 rows are complete CHAOS, but afte that it finally develops a pattern and it's really easy. If you decide to try it again, please, PLEASE ask for help - there are tons that can help you thru it!

That's gorgeous, KnicKnac! I was so hoping someone would make that shawl so I could see a better pic of it. You did a great job!! :cheer Now, off to see if I still have some silk recycled from an old sweater...I have just the stuff in mind...:manyheart

OOOO!!!! I think this would be lovely in silk!!! Give it a shot!

It is beautiful KnicKnac! I wouldn't change a thing........I am not a big fan of tassles or fringe, I usually finish off my pieces with the crab stitch or a bit of an edging, it is a lovely shawl......wear it in good health!

Oh, I am so glad to see this made up. Several years ago I tried this shawl and concluded (apparently erroneously) that there are errors in the directions. Oddly, someone gave me another shawl pattern which is actually quite similar and I made one of those — not without some problems though. In the end it did turn out very lovely.

Yours is spectacular with the gorgeous color and the picoted edge. Don't change a thing!

I LOVE it! With a big fat capital L. And O and V and E. Wonderful! I can't imagine it looking even a smidge better with fringe (I'm not a huge fringe fan for most things, myself, though).

It's BEAUTIFUL! And with that yarn I know it is so comfy and with a nice weight and drape :U

Thanks to everyone for the very kind words! Ya'll are all too sweet!!! I am sending it AS IS!

Oh, I am so glad to see this made up. Several years ago I tried this shawl and concluded (apparently erroneously) that there are errors in the directions. Oddly, someone gave me another shawl pattern which is actually quite similar and I made one of those — not without some problems though. In the end it did turn out very lovely.

Yours is spectacular with the gorgeous color and the picoted edge. Don't change a thing!

Thank you so much for the nice words! If it wasn't for Roli, it wouldn't have gotten done, the first rows are a BEAR - nothing wrong with the directions tho, it was just reading them was weird! I hope you attempt it!

this looks great the way it is! great color! I think I will give this pattern a try. I've been trying to do a shawl, but I can't find the right pattern.

I hope you do! It's awesome!

I think it is beautiful! You certainly don't need any fringe/tassels on it. I think they can sometimes ruin the effect, personally. Leave it as is...It's gorgeous!

KnicKnac, you are not going to believe this (well maybe you will...since we seem to crochet the same things)~ I am crocheting that same exact shawl!! And, like you, mine is taking forever, too. (One reason for that might be because I put it in a bin and haven't worked on it...) But, it is very close to being done. I'm doing mine in Red Heart Symphony a purpleish color. Which don't ask me why because I hardly ever wear purple. Anyway. I love yours! It turned out great. :hook

Tina

Well KnicKnac, you have inspired me to dig mine out of my plastic bin and I have commenced working on it. :hook (I know why I put it away!.... have you ever worked with Red Heart Symphony?....) :rolleyes (It's not the easiest to work with. And even less easy to frog.) I am also not as far as I thought, but.... Oh well. :)

Tina

Archived