Evening Shawl

KnicKnac

WOW! This thing took me FOREVER!!! I don't know what it was, it just was one of those things that seem to never end.

The pattern is here - the inspiration to do this particular pattern came from Roli here - poor Roli! I bugged her SO many times during the making of this shawl and she helped me out each and everytime, what a sweetie she is.

When I was finished FINALLY, I bugged Anna (Lavelle26) about how I should embellish it, whether to put fringe or tassels or edging.

I finally decided not to put anything! I just put a little edging on it that when my friend who I crochet with saw it, she was like, it doesn't need a thing! Just leave it as is!

The yarn is Cotton Classic by Tahki - in Dk Khaki.

PLEASE tell me it looks ok without fringe or tassels!!! Please?!?!?!?

sp-shawl.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it........I just completed that same pattern last month for my mother's birthday present. She had a fit and now wears it to church every Sunday!!

Yours turned out beautiful!!!

:tup:h5:2rock Oh KnicKnac, it simply couldn't have turned out any better! The color is great and the edging is perfect! I may steal that idea for mine since I never did like the tassels. I'm so happy to see such a great end result. Good job!

That's gorgeous, KnicKnac! I was so hoping someone would make that shawl so I could see a better pic of it. You did a great job!! :cheer Now, off to see if I still have some silk recycled from an old sweater...I have just the stuff in mind...:manyheart

Archived