thecrochetdude

The Dude Turns 2!

Congrats on the Terrific 2 ! :clap

:birthday(blogday?) :cakeEither way, Congrats Drew....and thanks for all the great patterns you design!! Love your BLOG, it is one of the few I visit!:yes

Congrats, Drew!

I'm quickly becoming a notorious feature on our local transit system, and everyone keeps calling me 'the crochet dude'...I keep referring them to your website instead ;)

CJ (that crochet guy on the bus in a navy town...)

Congrats!! :cheer DUDE!! A happy 2! :cheer (at least we all know you're not having the terrible 2's) :lol

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY:applause :applause I must say that I absolutely :bheart your work. Keep it up:clap :clap

Next BIG crochet event for me? :hook The knit and crochet show in July in Manchester NH. Sooooooooooo much fun!:yay

Today, I spent hours and hours, working on the new design for a Menopause Fairy doll for the workshop I am teaching at Chain Link (aka The Knit and Crochet Show) this July.

I really like the participants in a workshop to be able to finish the project in the 3 hours, so I have been working on a doll that will be easy to complete in just 3 hours. (I am going to be giving the participants a copy of my pattern for the Crocheted Menopause Fairy doll - you can see a pic of her on my website on the Crochet page http://www.crone-findlay.com).

I also think it's really important for workshop participants to have an exploration of the design process that will help them develop dolls that are meaningful for them. So, I think it's good to see dolls that don't quite make it....

that's why I posted a pic of my 'not quite there' doll. :blush She's not a failure.... she has shown me what I need to do to get an

'aha'! doll, and one that will work as the prototype for the workshop participants.

I've posted a pic of her to my blog:

http://www.hankeringforyarn.com/spoolknitted-menopause-fairy-doll/

I've also asked a very important question about the Menopause fairy dolls, but you'll have to check the entry to see what it is.

hugs all round:hug

Noreen Crone-Findlay:yarn :yarn :yarn

:flower:h5:applause

:birthday

:elle:skeleton

It's not a celebration without some snacks!

:lol

:icecream :pizza :popcorn