Green Crochetville Bag

Tampa Doll

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is wonderful that people are coming to learn to crochet thru your bag Tampa Doll!!!

And JoBug -- keep on surviving!!! And keep spreading the awareness about BC! That too - is what I plan on doing as well!

Plus the added gift is that thru your bags MaryJo - others will learn of this great site and the wonderful women (& men) on it!

:pink:):cheer

I got the pattern booklet today at Michaels. :clap It was the only one they had, and I hurried up and got it before anyone else came running down the aisle to try and get it. :lol

Hmmm... Now to see what colors I have in my stash... :hook

Mary Jo, did you use the cotton for all of them? Or did you use ww yarn, too? I guess I'll go check the other posts to see if it says...

Tina

• 3 weeks later...

Ahem.....

I would like to annouce that I am the proud recipient of Mary Jo's green Crochetville tote bag:cheer :clap:yay:woo

I have been really icky sick for a while and didn't post about this but I did send Mary Jo a PM telling her thank you. I didn't line it but I immediately filled it up with a project I am testing(one of many). I absolutely love this tote and people have commented about the design....I am plugging Crochetville:manyheart :hook

I know what you mean - I've been going thru an "icky" time toooo so I send you many many hugs!!! I have been so taken with Mary Jo's workmanship on these bags that I've been PMing her for tips for when I finally see my way clear to do one - was able to get the pattern - now decisions on colors :) But most likely pink!

She is a wonderful crocheter and person with a HUGE :heart and we just think the world of her eh???

Hope you are getting over your "time" and let's keep each other in good thoughts and prayers!;):ghug

Ahem.....

I would like to annouce that I am the proud recipient of Mary Jo's green Crochetville tote bag:cheer :clap:yay:woo

I have been really icky sick for a while and didn't post about this but I did send Mary Jo a PM telling her thank you. I didn't line it but I immediately filled it up with a project I am testing(one of many). I absolutely love this tote and people have commented about the design....I am plugging Crochetville:manyheart :hook

:eek:eek:eek Well if you got the green one.... what the dickens is she going to send me for my birthday:think

i agree i think we all need to add one to our wish lists in our favorite colors that way we can keep her busy for a long time making them for all us villers

:eek:eek:eek Well if you got the green one.... what the dickens is she going to send me for my birthday:think

:yes I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that booklet! I love those bags! And, most things I've seen done with graphs look way too complicated to for me, but this looks like something I might be able to handle ~ and, what a personalized great gift! :yay

Great job on them all! Thanks for sharing!

:yarn Krista

I just want to say again my PINK BAG is the BEST!! MaryJo is sooooooooooo kind hearted, she lets us know there REALLY ARE people out in the world like that yet! I mean that is a HUGE gift of ROAK isn't it!!

I started teaching the deaf girl in the kitchen at work last week, she is comming along VERY well, she can sign, I had to brush up on my signing, and we write what we can't get through to each other...

And NOW I am working on teaching a resident, she could k***, but never learned to crochet, she is having a hard time, but only because she has a very difficult time seeing, macular degeneration. So we are using a HUGE hook and some bulky yarn, I started the first couple of rows for her to make it easier, hers is a bit lopsided, but she will come along, and they say you can't teach alzheimers new stuff, oh yea, I AM,

Thank you Mary Jo, your the BEST!!!

you never know...I know I would love one in Royal Blue...All I can say is that Mary Jo has made many people happy and that is what RAOKs are all about...way to go Tampa Doll:hug

Me and my blue MaryJo bag went to Baltimore and when I was waiting for my train, a woman asked if I made my bag. She liked it very much. I told her no that a friend made it for me. :hug

Then I started thinking and laughing to myself - imagine if I told her how I got it - you see, I belong to this site and we give each other gifts, we don't know each other - but in one way we do know each other, etc etc :eek :eek :think :think

I too have seen that pattern for that tote and I totally agree that Mary Jo took it up to the next level and made it more divine....I love my bag! Thank you again, Mary Jo!!! I am the talk of the school with this tote and I love telling people that it was a Random Act of Kindness sent to me because I demanded it....LOL:lol Looking forward to the next color and finding out the lucky recipiant.....

maryjo, my dear friend i have to say that i am in awe, total awe of your awesome talents. what a beautiful tote bag that is amazing. just truly truly amazing, you are such a sweetie too making and raoking to people. that my friend is a huge raok, and a very much beautiful one at that. i guess i will have to break down and buy that pattern and give it a try, cause i reallllly want one of those in blue, are you going to make them and sell them sweetie cause if you are i am very interested. it seems i hardly have any time to make myself anything anymore and i would truly love to have one of those bags in blue let me know if you are interested in making them to sell. sigh i :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart that bag alot:hug:hug:hug

maryjo, my dear friend i have to say that i am in awe, total awe of your awesome talents. what a beautiful tote bag that is amazing. just truly truly amazing, you are such a sweetie too making and raoking to people. that my friend is a huge raok, and a very much beautiful one at that. i guess i will have to break down and buy that pattern and give it a try, cause i reallllly want one of those in blue, are you going to make them and sell them sweetie cause if you are i am very interested. it seems i hardly have any time to make myself anything anymore and i would truly love to have one of those bags in blue let me know if you are interested in making them to sell. sigh i :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart that bag alot:hug:hug:hug

I would buy one to only in Green cause thats my color do let us know...

I am flattered with all the praise and the desire to own one of my bags.

I guess you could call me an odd person, because I DO NOT sell any of my things. If I did it would then be a job and I retired 16 years ago, :yes this is a hobby.

I GIVE them away. You see it makes my day when someone says they like what I made and are very pleased when they get it as a gift.

I have another quirk, I do not make anything in the same exact color combinations that I have already done. So any color that this bag was already made in, will not be done again by me. I wish them each to be unique to me and the person who receives them.

Oh yeah, one other thing, I don't even own one. lol:hook

Thank you again for the great compliments:blush , and who knows :shrugwhat mailbox :mailthe next will land in.

Archived