Shrugalicious

Pumpkinmouse

http://www.hometown.aol.com/tepperleen/page6.html

I just finished this shrug... I did it just as it is written word for word hooks and everything... Was so easy to follow and the front of the shrug looks great, however, the back looks like the person who will wear it has a hump on their back. :eek Its like a big bubble.:think Now dont get me wrong I have nothing against people with humps on their backs, I just dont know any to give this to.:blush

I made it for my 38 year old niece and sorry to say she does not have a hump...:P

So does anyone know why this came out this way ? Is there something I could do next time to avoid this happening again because I really like this pattern as it was so easy and fast...

Any help would be appreciated:manyheart

hmmmmm im gonna do another one... It just seems so bulky in the back where the arms and shoulders are... Wish my Niece was here to try it on so I could see how it looks on a person I have it on my maniquin right now and its bulky in the back:think

Makes me think of a Black Eyed Peas song:lol Shrugs I've made don't have a big hump, but they do get a bunching at the armpits. That's caused by the way most shrugs are made where the upper back and arms are started from a tube with an opening for the front. When you bend the "tube" to put your arms down it makes a fold at the pits. It can't really be avoided, but the effect can be lessened a little with a looser stitch and really soft yarn.

I know what the problem is, when you had to pick up stitches on the back to make the ruffle trim, you did not go into every single stitch which caused a hump back...same thing happened to mine and i hate it, but i did not count the stitches right when i make the ruffle trim....

Archived