My BF crocheted me a scarf for Valentine's Day!

sakurasaku

My BF had been working on his "project" for a while, but didn't tell me what it was. He was even leaving woodworking tools around to throw me off the scent. :lol

Well, Valentine's Day morning, he presented me with this, his first-ever crochet project:

Briansscarf.jpg

I had NO IDEA that's what he was doing. He had never crocheted before, and he had to learn everything from scratch, try all these different yarns and patterns (he looked at 100+ patterns on the web) and endure the endless false-starts and frustrations, not to mention being made fun of at work by his male colleagues (:lol) to make me this. And he couldn't ask me any questions and didn't have any crocheters around him to help him out! He said he even thought about going on Crochetville to ask questions, but he didn't want to risk my finding out what he was up to.

It is Laines Du Nord's "Cashsilk" (50% merino, 25% silk, 25% cashmere) and is very, very soft. It's alternate rows of dc's and puffed stitches.

I really needed a scarf and was complaining that no one ever made me a scarf. :lol Now I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world. :manyheart

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!!!! I am completely speechless. Talk about dedication!! This guys is a keeper for sures. Where on earth did you find him?? Gorgeous scarf by the way. He did a fabulous job.

Marry that guy!

What a thoughtful gift - he listened to you when you said you needed something; he made it himself and he did it without you knowing. He put up with teasing to do it and made it using a craft you do so it will mean even more.

Can you crochet engagement rings, lol???

Seriously, that is just about THE best gift I've ever heard of a guy giving for V-day. Tell him he done real good. Even this cynical spinster thinks so.

That is probably the most thoughtful gift I have ever heard about.

I just can't imagine my DH not only learning how to crochet on his own - from scratch, actually hunt down the perfect pattern & yarn, manage to complete it in secrecy, PLUS endure teasing from his co-workers.

You're a very lucky lady to have found such a wonderful man.

Now I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world. :manyheart

You ARE the luckiest gal in the world! How totally romantic that is. There is a man that is comfortable with his masculinity!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Your boyfriend did an absolutely gorgeous job on that scarf. Beautiful! :cheer He definitely has patience and persistence to learn a new craft and one of the best things is the fact he didn't let co-workers dissuade him. You are so lucky to have such a great man in your life.

Archived