New Update 09/20 she is at peace TY squares needed for a ghan for my granny

afswife

Yesterday the unthinkable happened my granny who went to er for some minor issues found out it was anything but minor. After running several tests and a few catskans she has found out that she has a growth about the size of a grapefruit in her stomach. On top of that they found a tumor on her adrenaline gland which has caused them to run a skan of her lungs. She has seen a surgeon who says as long as her lungs do not have issues they will do surgery within a week if not we all have to make the worst decision ever to not do surgery and live what life she will have left. My granny has had cancer several times reoccur the most recent was breast cancer. So now we wait to see while waiting im going to try to put her a ghan together for her to sit in her recliner. I feel it might give her a little comfort under the circumstances. I would really appreciate any squares that i recieve. I want to do it in americana colors due to her loving the military life she had with her ex husbands as well as her deceased husband. also her recliner is burgandy and her curtains have tan and blue in them. I guess 6 or 12 inch ones i really appreciate this thanks yall maybe trying to have them in by 2nd week of march i really do thank yall

I can send you a couple of squares. I have some navy, white and tan yarn on hand. Please pm me your address. Might be a week before I get them out - we have a baby on way here in our house.

Well a little update We found out today it is the worst news ever. My granny had went back to get a skan of her lungs and her dr called us today. She has a huge mast (mass) not sure what to call it on her lungs they are saying that it is cancer and it has spread bad all over she is going to another dr wed of next week to find out if there is anything we can do for her as she says she is not ready to give up so we are praying that somehow a miracle will happen. So if you could keep my granny adn our family especially my mom who is taking it hard in your prayers i would appreciate it truly thanks yall

Your post about your grandmother has touched me. I have some squares already made using RHSS Painted Desert. They are neither six or 12-inch however. More like 8 inches. If you're interested, I can send you a pic. I have 10 of them already made. Please let me know if I can help.

Joyce

i replied to all of the pms i got i really do appreciate yalls help adn i wanted to let you know that when i told my mother how yall where helping me she started to cry and wanted me to thank all of yall for your kindness:manyheart

I have made two 12' dark red squares and one white square out of my yarn stash. I do have a camo type yarn. Would you want something like that or just keep with red, white, and blue?

Please don't think i am stupid but is a 12' square the length of a ruler....

I can't see them being that big....

Have started working on some but have stopped at a certain point until i get an answer to my stupid question :think

Karen

Please don't think i am stupid but is a 12' square the length of a ruler....

I can't see them being that big....

Have started working on some but have stopped at a certain point until i get an answer to my stupid question :think

Karen

I asked a question about that in another subform. :) Yes, it's a square that is 12 inches from edge to edge. It's pretty darn big.

hey yall im so sorry it has taken me so long we got the worse news ever the dr says that we have maybe 2 monthsmaybe less for her its been a rough couple of days here and i wanted to thank yall for your help i did recieve one package of squares so far from joyce and might i add how beautiful they are and how much it touched me we had just got the news of how short the time was we had left and i came home to a huge package thank you so much for all of yalls help and to answer the camo question yes that would be fine at this time i am trying to get a ghan and a shall done we have a hard couple of months if that left and i feel like these would give her much needed comfort i have heard that the last month is the worse when dieing from lung cancer and the cancer has consumed over 3/4 of her lungs i would say and they told her even with treatment a year would be the most so now she is trying to decide if she wants the treatment or not they say that there is only a 13 percent chance that with it she will make it to that year so and that treatment is rough im not really sure what to think i want her to make the decision but me being selfish i want her to live as ling as she can as of right now she has chosen to not start treatment till after next weekend when she is going to biloxi for the last time so i will keep you updated thanks again everyone for your support

Thank yall so much while talking to my mom a few minutes ago she finally told me that my granny admitted to knowing before that she had something wrong with her she just had br\ushed it off for awhile waiting till she3 couldnt handle it no more so i guess the moral of the story is please as soon as you feel not right go get checked out. I am so hurt knowing that my daughter loves my granny and it hurts me to know this see when i was growing up she was never there for me and my brother always there for my cousins just not us till i had halie then she turned around so it has been awesome seeing her make an effort after years and years of hurting me now almost 5 short years have gone by now i have to break the news to her and is her birthday so i wanted to wait but not sure if something happens before then i would feel awful not letting her know ugh the decision is killing me :no

I am so sorry things have been so bad here so its been hectic I did recieve yours wendy but honestly with the bad weather it slipped my mind to hop on here that day and im very sorry i loved them and i really do appreciate them all . kwoolls i recieved yours today in my mail i caught the mail lady like 10 minutes ago not sure why she didnt put them in my mailbox but we had been playing note tag for a day or so. I really appreciate all of yall we had another bad thing happen concerning my daughter she had heart problems and had to stay in the childrens hospital about 5 months ago well today driving down the road she had another severe pain in her chest so we are waiting on the cardiologist as we speak to give us a call back to head to the childrens hospital today or what so im sorry things have been so busy i keep losing my mind im going to hopefully take pics of all of them in a few so i can post and sew n sew is going to help me put together the squares asap

thank you so much i tell you when it rains it pours if one more thing goes wrong ill be locking myself in bathroom lol but im trying to keep my spirits up for now we are still awaiting her cardiologists to get back in touch with us as for my grandmother well she is getting worse as expected but trying to stay high in spirits thanks ladies for being the best friends :manyheart:manyheart

Archived