clothes patterns for Bratz

funnymom8

Question

:rolleyes Hi, I am always looking for Bratz clothes patterns. I have designed a few things for them, and would like to post some here, would that be ok? This is for the regular size Bratz dolls. I realize that alot of parents/grandparents don't like them, it's ok. But I know that alot do like them, I like them, but they definitely need nicer things:rolleyes to wear!!..........................Lise

25 answers to this question

Hello everyone. I'm a 15 year old girl who loves Bratz and designing clothes for them and I would just like to say a few things.

Firstly, a lot of children know that they are just toys, when I was little, all I cared about was if it was pink, if the outfits were colour-coordinated and if their hair was knotty or not. I do think that the outfits can be a bit interesting, but they are pretty and nice looking. Most of them are not actually that bad, in fact they are pretty nice. The outfits I saw that were crocheted are really very nice but I cannot imagine a teenage girl going around wearing long, knitted dresses. The truth is, we like to look pretty, not just for boys, but for ourselves, and bratz bring that out with their fashionable clothes.

Indeed, it is probably Barie which is the influence. admittedly, bratz have huge heads, lips and feet, but Barbie have tiny waists, huuuuge hips and breasts, and a completely unnatural smile. It is very hard to have an angry moment with Barbie dolls if they are smiling all the time. Barbie is just rying to promote the perfect model, smiling, blonde, brainless, impeccably curvy, girls. There aren't many school barbies out there.

Bratz however, have a school set, looking after puppies, costumes, halloween, and movies with a message. All in all, I think, although Bratz can be a tiny bit strange, they at least wear nice clothes.

Sorry if this took up your time, I just had to make a point.

Happy knitting! :crocheting

I too agree with funnymom8 b/c it does depend on how the children are raised. Parents raise children not dolls and just b/c a girl owns a Bratz doll doesn't mean she wants to be like it. My 7 yr. old god daughter has Bratz, Barbie My Scence which look exaclty like the Bratz dolls, and she has quite a few other kinds of dolls and a while back when she was 6 I asked her if she wanted to be like the Bratz dolls and she said to me, "Just because these dolls are dressed like grown ups don't mean I want to, they're just toys and I don't want to be like a toy". Now if a then 6 yr old can say that about a doll why can't some of these grown ups see that? I was 13 going on 14 when Bratz came out in '01 and I had them as well as the My Scene dolls but I didn't want to dress or look like them. My two youngest god daughter's (4 1/2 & 7) have the Bratz and My Scene dolls and there is no way their mother will began to let them look or dress like those dolls. I have made qute a few outfits for the Bratz big babyz but I need to try and make some for the other sized Bratz dolls I have. If you want to see the outfits I made for them I will gladly post them for you to see.

I agree with you mom...my daughter is 13 now, but has played with all the different dolls. She is being raised by a mom who is who she is. No makeup, not fancy schmancy hairstyles. Beth is the same way. she keeps her hair combed or brushed, but has NO interest in skimpy clothes, makeup and worrying about looks. All her friends are doing the whole boy thing. She says nope. She just doesnt understand why people can't just be who they are and be happy. I am a proud mom!

Hi, that's an interesting article. I've read alot about these dolls and barbies and the influence on girls. I believe alot depends on how they're raised. I like the bratz, but my daughters also have american girl, baby dolls and others, so we have a huge variety. Alot was and is said about barbie too. I don't like the heavy make up on the dolls or the tv show on sat. morn either; but when my daughter plays with them, it's no different than when she plays Pollys or barbies (and she always ditches the guy doll!). I think all the more reason why we need to dress these dolls in nicer clothes than what they come in--that also makes a difference, my daughter wears alot of homemade clothes, since I don't always approve of what's on the rack at the store! I say--let's crochet:hook more normal clothes for these gals! thanks...............Lise(who played barbies for years and never planned to look like her!:yes )

I didn't like this line of dolls because I don't find them pretty and they don't seem to encourage character development but until I got this in my e-mail, I had not thought it through....

An American Psychological Association report released Monday has announced what many parents have already observed; advertisers promote sexuality to young girls, often to the harm of their emotional and psychological health.

From plummeting necklines to mini-skirts and tight-fitting shirts, young girls - not just teenagers - are being told that sexy is cool. Magazine and television ads and even the dolls on the market too often present girls in provocative clothing or stances, or have adult women posing as girls. The result, according to 300 studies the APA analyzed over the past year-and-a-half, is that pre-teen girls are facing depression, eating disorders, and an overly sexualized view of themselves.

The report was particularly critical of the Bratz dolls, which are marketed to girls ages 5-8. These dolls wear heavy makeup, have pouty, red lips, and often wear immodest clothing.

"The consequences of the sexualization of girls in media today are very real and are likely to be a negative influence on girls' healthy development," said Eileen Zurbriggen, the APA's task force chairman. "As a society, we need to replace all these sexualized images with ones showing girls in positive settings. The goal should be to deliver messages to all adolescents — boys and girls — that lead to healthy sexual development."

Just something to consider...

I need to make some for my Bratz dolls as well. I have the regular sized one and I also have a few of the Bratz kidz. I bought my god daughter for xmas two of the Bratz Babyz with the flair hair and so far I made an outfit for one of them. I may be able to post a pic on here but my original thread is in babies and children show and tell. I need to learn how to post a link in here. I would love to get some or make my own patterns for the regular sized Bratz dollz. I don't like the clothes they come with but I like the Bratz dollz. Okay I think I got it here is the link to the Bratz babyz outfit I made:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43744

Fran , your clothes are very cute! I actually like those little dolls. I buy them all the time for my daughter! We love looking at all the glitz, glitter, and hair! I would love some patterns for her dolls! Michelle

you are allowed to post photos of the items you make. i did make a guide http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44217 that may help you to understand how to do that. we'd all love to see what you come up with, and to share your patterns. there is a doll clothes crochet along happening if you'd like to jump in there with us http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41914

Hi ok, I will post one soon. I'm not sure if I can post a picture, or how to. The patterns are basic things, that work up quickly, because they're so small. I need to make some new ones too, since we moved they've "disappeared":( my daughter needs new things for hers too, I find them a bit small to sew for.......................Lise

I have a friend whose daughter just loves Bratz dolls, she has a whole collection. I'd love to see your patterns, as I think she'd get a kick out of new clothes for her collection. :cat

Archived