15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

Wow, congrats on your win. :clap You are very lucky to get heather. She is one of the older MA dolls and is usually a little harder to find. She is in excellent condition and still has all of her original clothes. The patterns you won are for AG type dolls with cloth bodies, so you may have to make a few small adjustments for them to fit your doll, as she is all vinyl and is a bit slimmer than the AG dolls.

Again, Congratulations on your win. :cheer:cheer I can't wait to see your new girl in her new wardrobe. :yay Don't forget, Darski has several patterns here for 18" dolls.:yarn

Debby

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darski, what is the name of the outfit that you made that has a knit cape? I can't find it again. Did you ever post the pattern for that outfit?

I know you didn't ask me, but isn't it the just peachy one by Darski? Here is a dress I made from a have fun or something like that doll dress pattern for a air freshener doll. A few adjustments and a bigger hook and it fit! Imag0085.jpg

Thank you. It's an antique ballerina doll, I don't know the maker, I can't read it from the back of the doll's neck. It was my mothers when she was little, she gave it to me when I was young. My daughter colored her face, or it got colored when it was packed to move, so I took it from her. Not nice was it? but she was a teen by that time. No I have to make the ballarina slippers for her from Darskie's pattern. I lost the slippers and the tights.

I can't really tell from the pic, but it sure looks like a Toni doll to me. Were you able to get the marks off her face? I sure hope so. (No, it wasn't very nice. LOL) What a treasure to have your mother's childhood doll. Can't wait to see the rest of her outfit when you finish it.

Debby

Snapdragon, your outfit is gorgeous.

Sad about her face being coloured. There was black permanent marker on my daughters cabbage patch doll and I was told to apply "pimple cream", (yes pimple cream) to the marks. It really worked. It took a few applications, but the marks are all gone, and no discolouration to the doll. I googled it to find more information first, cause I was scared of harming the doll. Maybe you could try this too. It would be awesome if you could restore your mother's doll to her former self. :yes

I was told pimple cream too and hydrogen peroxide, like what they use for hair. I will try the pimple cream. They said not to get it too close to the paint on the lips and such or it will take that off too. I had forgotten what they had said this was on a yahoo mail group for those dolliken dolls, I have little miss dollikens too that were my grandmas, they are small, seven inches tall. The regular dollikins are eighteen inch.

I have used 'magic erasers' for all kinds of marks on aspens baby dolls and it worked wonders - sometimes the old fashioned hair spray like 'aquanet' works too - i would try both on an inconspicous spot (like bottom of feet) first just to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally won a Dora Doll on Ebay so I'll be able to make the cute outfits for her. She should arrive sometime next week. This doll will be mine to sew for and I'm going to buy a new one for my grandaughter. I want to make some matching clothes for her and the doll. My grandaughter, Trinity, has a birthday in August. She'll be three.

I won one on Ebay too. I've been crocheting some clothes, but haven't added the finishing touches. Then of course I have to take pictures. I really want to make more 18" clothes, with Darksi adding so many new cute ones! I got one of those dolls at a local thrift store!

Darski, what is the name of the outfit that you made that has a knit cape? I can't find it again. Did you ever post the pattern for that outfit?

Yes it is called "Life is just Peachy" and it is posted in original free patterns.

I did do another pattern with a knitted Ruana called "Wearing the Green"

but the knitted Ruana pattern was posted in the Knitting Forum.

There was black permanent marker on my daughters cabbage patch doll and I was told to apply "pimple cream", (yes pimple cream) to the marks. It really worked. It took a few applications, but the marks are all gone, and no discolouration to the doll. I googled it to find more information first, cause I was scared of harming the doll. Maybe you could try this too. It would be awesome if you could restore your mother's doll to her former self. :yes

i want to pass on some thanks from a member of my yahoo group who just rescued a Dora and a Springfield doll that needs some spa days to get up to speed again. It is wonderful that we all share what we learn.

Major :hug to you

and then just a great big :ghug

• 2 weeks later...

I got a Dora Doll at Goodwill today for $2.25! There she was right on top of the bin of toys when I walked in. My husband had said he thought I would never find that paticular doll there. She needs a little cleaning up on the face and her hair straightened out.

I haven't received the one I won on Ebay yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I am a new collector of Crissy dolls by Ideal they are 18" and 15" dolls but the American girl dolls clothes are too big, does anybody have any crissy patterns crocheted, knitted and sewing, I have some but always looking for new outfits for crissy, just finished crocheting a poncho and beanie that I just made up looks great. Hope to talk to you all soon. hugs susan

Hi I am a new collector of Crissy dolls by Ideal they are 18" and 15" dolls but the American girl dolls clothes are too big, does anybody have any crissy patterns crocheted, knitted and sewing, I have some but always looking for new outfits for crissy, just finished crocheting a poncho and beanie that I just made up looks great. Hope to talk to you all soon. hugs susan

Hi - I am also an Australian who loves Crissy - Have Pm'd you.

Any new clothes lately anyone? I've been too busy making "Play Yarn Food" for my niece's tea party set....lets just say she has enough play yarn food to feed a small regimented army! I need to get back into designing again but just seem to lack the energy. I gave away all of the clothes I had made, so my poor CPK is sitting once again in my apartment as naked as the day she was born. People who visit have to wonder about her but I've yet to get any questions as to why I have a naked doll sitting in my apartment.

Nothing new here. I have been so busy working on some afghans for my son to take on a mission trip that I haven't had time for anything else. LOL I would love to see your "yarn food". LOL You are definitely a very special Aunt. I would have went to TRU and bought plasic. LOL

Debby

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all! I just "found" this CAL and have spent the most wonderful evening looking over everybody's gorgeous work. I don't have a Dora (yet anyway - lol), but I think those patterns will work with a Natterer doll I have who is about the same size.

Is anybody still crocheting along here?

mac+

Hey Mary Ann. So nice to see you here. I think everyone is posting their doll clothes in new threads. Although there are a few who post them here sometimes. I believe most people are just so busy with summer activities right now that there is not a lot of extra time for doll clothes. I have been working on so many other things but hope to post some more of my Dora outfits pretty soon.

So what are you working on. Would love to see pics.

Debby

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Debbie!

Since I wrote that note, I've moved to a new apartment...and I've been just flooded with the stuff of organizing things. The best part of this new place is that I have a sewing/craft room to call my very own.

AND - lol - I just won a Dora on e-bay...she arrived Monday. So...having printed out a bunch of Darski's patterns, I feel like I'm armed and ready. When I get something finished, I'll try to post a picture - but may need help in doing that (I have yet to post any pics on Crochetville!).

mac+

Hey Mary Ann congrats on the new apartment and especially on the new craft/sewing room. I am so jealous. LOL

How wonderful you won a Dora. Isn't she aDORAble? Ha Ha Had to say it, but I do think she is adorable and Darski's patterns are so much fun to make. Once you start one, you won't want to stop till it's finished. LOL Can't wait to see Dora's new wardrobe!!

Debby

I have been busy crocheting away with Doll's Clothes in Team Dolls for the Olympic challenge.

Posted pictures of the dresses that I finished in that thread if anyone would like to see.

I followed that thread right from the start of the games and I saw your beautiful doll clothes. You did a wonderful job on all of them and congrats on finishing them.. I am not one for making more than one of the same thing, so I am amazed that you were able to make so many. Again, Congrats on the Gold!!!

Debby

Archived