Camouflage Afghan in Box Stitch

Chrome Kitty

Really, really nice!! He's going to love it and the camoflage colours are

great. Men really love those colours and their really in now! Perfect

for a hunter. You did a great job!!

He loved the afghan & said he was wondering when I'd make him one.:lol I got to snuggle under it last night & it's quite toasty. It's nice to be able to visit your projects after you give them away. ;) This was my first time using the box stitch and it won't be my last. It's a fun stitch and I really like the bumpy texture it makes. :hook

• 3 years later...

Hello

Do you have a pattern for this? Where would I even start on an angle. It kinda looks loke knitt but crocheted. Please help

Debby

This is for my Valentine:manyheart He's getting it later today. I started it in November when he went hunting and worked on and off all this time until last week when I realized I was only half way done.:eek I finished it last night. I was going to do a border, but decided against it. I think it's ok without one.

*Pictures are clickable.*

This one's taken from a weird angle. It's really a rectangle, not a trapezoid.:lol

th_camghan.jpg[ATTACH]1045[/ATTACH]

Here's a close-up:

th_camoclose.jpg[ATTACH]1047[/ATTACH]

The corner:

th_camocorner.jpg[ATTACH]1048[/ATTACH]

I even like how the back looks:

th_camoback.jpg[ATTACH]1046[/ATTACH]

It's done in diagonal box stitch, inspired by NPrairie's camoghan (Thanks, N!:hug ). I did 7 rows camo, 1 row green, 3 rows black, 1 row green. Using odd numbers of rows made the up & down bumps of each stripe the same as the other stripes in the same color. I didn't think of that when I started, so I'm glad it worked out that way!:lol The camo is Bernat Renegade in many different dye lots, but it's not as obvious in person as it is in the pictures. The green is dark sage RHSS and the black is Simply Soft. It's 54x72". Thanks for looking!:hook

Archived