Hook color

waponswa

I haven't heard of that before.:no

I brought those gold plastic flat handles . Or more rubber. I can't seem to remember who makes them. but, I love them.

They usually go with every color.:lol

While I don't require that my hooks coordinate with my yarn, I certainly prefer it when they do. :yes Right now I am working on a baby pink scarf and using my dark pink hook. :hook I like the way the two colors work.

I have a bunch of different colors in the same sizes but I usually gravitate towards the green or blue ones, I do like the contrast though when I'm working with darker colored yarns. :hook

• 2 weeks later...

I have different color hooks but the only ones I crochet with all the time are my white lucite N hook and my Gray Quicksilvers I think the Quicksilvers only come in gray. I have the bates and boyes in different colors but I don't like them as well as the Quicksilver hooks. I want to try wood hooks.

When I was using only Boye hooks, yes I would often choose my hook based on color. The Bates Silvalume hooks that I use now are 'color coded' to the size, so if I need a G hook for something that doesn't go with light pink, I've got to use a Boye, which aren't my favorite any more...

It made me chuckle when I saw this one. :lol I thought I was the only one that likes to coordinate hook color with yarn. I don't have to, but I do find that I enjoy the work better when I do. I too, have multiples of the some of the same sizes. Right now I am working on a blue blanket. My hook is blue too. The blues are just different enough to be able to see it well. :woo

I have never thought about hook color. However, in the beginning of me crocheting I didn't think I liked the hooks with the flat part so I would only buy the hooks with the rounded part but then I needed an M hook and could only find it with the flat part so I got it and decided I really liked that type of hook too. So now it doesn't matter to me.

Does anyone else have to use a hook depending on it's color? I can't stand to use a hook that clashes with my yarn color. Maybe it's the art teacher in me.

I can't believe that you wrote this, because just the other day I found myself choosing my hook because it went with the yarn and didn't clash with it! I am SO glad that I found this place, because until I did, I truly thought I was crazy! :rofl I'm tickled to death that there are others like me out there! :hug

Elle

Where I am from there isnt much choice in hook colours - mainly all grey (Aero). I just bought some Boye hooks from ebay and some aluminium hooks from China and they are a talking point with all who see them. We were down in Navan today for the horse racing and I was crocheting a name on my latest angel afghan using gold fingering thread and a gold hook and just about everyone stopped to chat about it

The color of the hook doesn't matter to me. I just use whichever is the right size and easiest to find. I do have a couple of purple ones but I don't go out of my way just to use them.

I have a lot of hooks, and I just leave whichever one I use in the project bag. So if I start another project, I just look for another hook in the correct size.

:manyheart

I never thought of my hook colors before reading this! :eek

But looking around here I realized I gravitate towards the gold color ones, leaving the purple and red and blue and green unused.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Weird.

Thanks for an interesting question.

:devil

It has never entered my mind about color of hook. My choice is based on feel and balance of the hook in my hand.

I guess hook color is something I've never thought about. I have a set of Boye's that I got YEARS ago - all different colors. They came in a case and I only have one crochet project going at a time, so I don't need more than one hook. I just use the size that I have and never really notice the color.

However, knowing me, if I bought them all individually, I would have had to have the hooks all the same color - I'd want them all to match.

One of the reasons I like plastic hooks is because they come in bright colors, they remind me of jell-o colors. I really don't like the pastel-ish metal ones. I don't care so much if they match, but I do have some brown yarn on pink needles and I really can't wait til I'm done.. looks gross together.

yeah, I would really like if they were all the same color too. but it's nice to know that when I'm looking for my L hook that I'm looking for the green one or whatever.

I wish I had each size in a different color, that way I'd know what I was picking up. See, all my hooks that I frequently use have those purple squidgy grippy things over the size readings and are tight, so I can't see the hook sizes. I keep them in a hook holder so I know what I'm getting. That said, I'm a little anal in that I choose one hook in a size and use it until I lose it. Even if I'm working on more than one project in the same size hook, I'll take the hook from one project, use a bread tie (that I've used marker to write the size on) and put it on the old project so I can use the hook on the other project.

I've had the same mechanical pencil for 9 years. Scary, huh?

Archived