next on the runway we see.. oh wait, it's BARBIE!

Shell

This is an amazing collection. I remember the one thing I always wished for as a child was that my Barbie could have more clothes other than the swimsuit she was sold with (Malibu Barbies were big then). A collection of clothes like this is such a great gift for a little girl, and you really went all out with the details. So creative! :clap I love that cardigan.

having been a single mom at one time I understand the tight money situation as well. I actually made my first thread project when my daughter was in head start (pre-school) for a little friend's birthday gift it was a Barbie dress. The child loved it and the requests for future birthday gifts almost overran me. to this day my daughter is 11 and in middle school but she still has a couple Barbies dresseed in the clothes I made for them. It is a great gift and I am sure she will cherish it.

Wow! Those Barbie clothes are too cool! Wish I still had one to crochet for:blush ......between you designing clothes for Barbie, and Darski designing clothes for Dora, all the little girls that our members know and love will be getting some real cute clothes for their dolls!!!! Thanks for sharing these with us!!

• 11 months later...
As some of you are away, my daughter Jessi celebrates her 4th birthday this Sunday. Being a single mum money is always tight, but far tighter than usual this year! So I decided to get busy and crochet some clothes for Jessica's Barbie dolls. She loves when I make her things. And I enjoy doing it. It also affords me a great sense of achievement and fills in time. Remebering that she struggles with buttons and cannot tie things etc, I had to incorporate this into my designs to make them Jessi-friendly. The gals over at the doll clothes/Barbie crochet-a-long have been great encouragement and support. Thanks girls, especially Cara.

I have now finished all these pieces. I had shown photos in the CAL but many of the items have had a few small additions since then. I hope to get some more things finished between now and Sunday, but I am not overly fussed. She is going to love these! All but the burgandy nightgown are my own design, and I haven't written notes, sorry! I got bored with having only the Barbie the streaked hair to photograph, so I opened the doll I got for her bday. Ummah! I will only have to open it that day right? saves me time fighting the packaging in front of an impatient child.. right?? (i am at my graphic limit, no smilies *sad face*)

Cardiagan

th_DSC01934.jpg th_DSC01937.jpg

This is a cardigan crocheted from Coats Milford 4ply cotton and a hook about 2.5mm (it's old school, says 12 but not sure if that is Brit or US). A belt designed so as little fingers can just loop a bead through and it's all "tied".

th_DSC01927.jpg th_DSC01926.jpg

Mint nightie is a piece of fabric edged in crochet, the night cap an unlabelled cotton, maybe size 30. Both blankets are variegated baby yarns. The small square one is in anticipation of the Barbie nursery (with baby) I hope to buy. Burgandy nightgown was designed by Mary Jo (many thanks once again) and is worked in DMC Babylo size 10 and a 1.5mm hook. The slippers are crocheted too, the mask a fun extra. The cream on the burgandy nightie is the same cotton as on the mint one and the cap. The moon is also crocheted and then sewn on.

th_DSC01919.jpg th_DSC01918.jpg th_DSC01921.jpg

Barbie is ready for the beach! Her charming 2 piece swim suit crocheted in Aunt Lydia's size 10 cotton even contains built in underwear! Her floral lei is but 2 strands of embroidery floss crocheted as flower motifs and joined upon making each one. Her very stylish net bag is.. I don't remember! But I do remember the flower on it was made with a 0.6mm hook. Wow! Her very vibrant blue beach towel was cut from one of my face washers.

th_DSC01911.jpg th_DSC01917.jpg

A snazzy and fun 2 piece pink skirt and top from Aunt Lydias size 10 cotton. Her very mini handbag being made from embroidery floss is super soft!

th_DSC01905.jpg th_DSC01907.jpg

Another 2 piece set. White DMC Cebelia size 10, the teal DMC Babylo size to. Accented by a row of very cute opalescent shell shaped sequins and 4mm pearl beads. A bead in the centre of her top, and 3 on the side of her skirt to highlight that which acts as a button on her matching clutch purse! Her necklace was tatted, it too containin a pearl.

th_DSC01931.jpg

Assorted accessories to highlight every outfit! Starting in the top right is a skirt very much like that of the swimwear, only the skirt is longer and contains no built in undies. The 3 handbags as previously seen, a pair of actual Barbie shoes for size comparison, a floral lei as seen above, a knitted scarf (4ply Panda Regal cotton) and tucked in the middle there is a "hand towel" hehe An off cut of the face washer.. it just called my name, I swear it! So I edged it in crochet. Waste not want not!!

OMG Shell, this is the BEST Barbie work I've ever seen in crochet...hat's off girlfriend!!!!

Archived