I Love a Parade in March

darski

:clap i love it. i just made the cheer leader outfit. it was so fun to make. cant wait to make more outfits. thank you for sharing

I love a Parade in March.

green1.jpg

I used WW yarn in Emerald and White (and a sm amt of black)

I used 4.5mm and 5mm hooks.

Decorative buttons – lots of gold here.

I added button loops in green at the edging but you can work any closure you wish. Make allowances if you need tabs added. One warning if you use Velcro – the Velcro will grab your yarn and can damage it over time.

green3.jpg

Panty:

Make an elastic waistband (1/4 inch) large enough to fit comfortably over the Thigh area.

Work 40 SC over the elastic.

Work 5 rows of Double Crochet joining on each round.

When the last round is joined, slip stitch the 1st dc to the 20th dc and the 21st dc to the 40th dc. Break off

Jacket:

With white…

Chain 25,

Row 1: Sc in 4, 2sc in 4, sc in 8, 2sc in 4, sc in 4 and secure your yarn (don’t break off) –32sc

Row 2: Attach Emerald at the original start and work sc between the stitches on first round. Break off.

Pick up the White again…

Row 3: Work a row of dc between the green stitches. 32 dc.

Row 4: 4 dc, V-st, 6 dc, V-st, 8 dc, V-st, 6 dc, V-st, 4dc.

Row 5: dc in every dc, V-st in every V-st.

Row 6: 6dc in dc, V-st in V-st, 2dc in next dc, dc in 8 dc, 2dc in next dc, V-st in V-st, dc in 12 dc, V-st in V-st, 2dc in next dc, dc in 8 dc, 2dc in next dc, V-st in V-st, dc in 6 dc.

Row 7: dc in 7 dc, 2 dc in next dc, V-st in V-st, dc in 14 dc, V-st in V-st, 2dc in next dc, dc in 12 dc, 2 dc in next dc, V-st in V-st, dc in 14 dc, V-st in V-st, 2dc in next dc, dc in 7 dc.

Divide sleeves from bodice

Row 8: Sc across row omitting sleeve stitches. The V-stitches mark out the sleeves.

Row 9: Dc in 3 dc, 3dc in next dc, dc in 6 dc work dc into sleeve opening, dc in 5 dc, 2dc in next dc,3 dc in dc, ch 2, sc in next 3 dc, ch 2, dc in next 3 dc, 2dc in next dc, dc in 4 dc, work dc into sleeve opening, dc in 6 dc, 3dc in next dc, dc in 3dc. Break off white.

Finish sleeves:

With White, add 4 rows of DC to each sleeve.

With Emerald, work sc edging around the jacket emphasizing the front V opening. This is where I added my button loops. Break off.

Decorative trim. This is where you can be creative and decorate the front in any way that says Majorette for you.

green2.jpg

Hat:

green5.jpg

With Emerald…

Ch 2, 6 sc into 1st chain.

Work a flat circle for 8 rounds .

Flat circle pattern:

Row 2 increase every st.

Row 3 increase every other st

Row 4, increase after 2 sts …etc.

Row 9: work BPhdc around.

Row 10: Hdc in hdc but decrease one stitch in every quarter.

Row 11: sc in 5 hdc, hdc in hdc to last 5 hdc, sc in last 5 hdc

Row 12: Hdc around but decrease one hdc in every quarter but shift your quarters so that decreases are not over decreases.

Row 13: sc in 6 hdc, hdc in hdc to last 6 hdc, sc in last 6 hdc.

Row 14 -15: Hdc around. Break off Emerald.

Row 16: with Black: Hdc around. Break off

green6.jpg

Brim:

Row 1: With black... Centre 9 FPhdc on hat but work decreases one stitch in from each edge.

I think I would make this bigger next time and I would likely make it in white so it would show up on her hair. :wlol

Row 2: sc across

Row 3: work a scallop using sl st, sc and hdc as needed to form a circular edge to the brim. I used 1 sl st, 1sc, (2hdc) X3, 1 sc, 1 sl st.

Lanyard:

Add a decorative button on either side of the Black band on the hat.

Chain 6 join to form a ring, ch 42 and form a ring of the last 6 ch. Break off and weave in ends.

This lanyard serves to keep the hat on so check as you are working the chain to be sure that it is long enough to do the job and not too long. Also check that the ring of 6 chains will go around the button you used and adapt as you need to.

Hat Plume:

With white form backing…

Row 1: Ch 5, work sc around chain with 5 sc in the top chain.

Row 2: work 2 sc hdc around to last 2sts and sc. Break off leaving a long tail for sewing.

Create a small plume with emerald and place at top of backing. Attach a large decorative button (or similar) to Backing then attach Plume to front of hat.

Boots

green4.jpg

Row 1: Chain 7 and work sc around chain. Work 4 sc in heel (start) end and 5 sc in toe end.

Row 2: work sc in heel area and hdc around rest of sole. Work 2 sc in 3 sts at heel end and 2 hdc in 4 sts at toe end.

Start Uppers

Row 1: Chain 1 and flip sole so right side is down. Work FPhdc in every stitch around sole staying at outer edge and join.

Row 2: Work hdc along the side making one decrease, work a 3dc cluster, a 2dc cluster and a 3 dc cluster over toe area, hdc along side again making one decrease..

Row 3-4: work hdc around decreasing if needed

Row 5: determine centre front stitch and mark the stitch one to the right of that st. Hdc to marked st, work sc in next st, sl st in next st, sc in next st and hdc to end. Break off

With Emerald, make tiny tassels with 3 strands of yarn and attach to pretty buttons and then to front of boots.

i dont mean to sound so dumb, but what does FPsc mean on the panties. I've made the skirt but not the panties. please help

Do you know how to do a Front Post sc generally and are stumped by how to do it here or are you not familiar with FP work?

To work Front Post crochet stitches, you work around the post of the last row instead of working into the top loops. the "post" is the stitch itself; the vertical stitch that is formed in crocheting.

For this one, you make the skirt as written then turn the skirt upside down and

find the stitches that you worked around the elastic waistband.

I always think of this technique as Punch Needle crochet because it sort of explains the way to do it.

You are going to work SC stitches around those original stitches.

This link will take you to a picture of working Front Post crochet

http://www.crochetcabana.com/stitches/stitches-fpdc-bpdc.htm

If this doesn't help, ask again and I will try to figure a way to show you.

I just bought both my little girls one of these dolls for Christmas!! I just found this site and I just wanted to say I love all these patterns!! I can't wait to get started!! The hard part will be deciding which one to do first! :)

In case you missed the snowsuit (and want one :wlol:wbrr) there is one here

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42487

• 11 years later...

Archived