Mary Maxim Catalog-heart blanket on back cover

CLLinda

I think it is so pretty also. I do wish they would sell just the pattern. But once I get paid, I will definately order it. It looks like something that would be a cherished gift and a winner at the county fair.

:manyheart

Argh!!!! I want that pattern too! I even recycled the catalog so I woldn't buy it!!! Darn you all - now I'm going to call may parents who are in southern Ontario this week to see if the can stop - argh!!!

It is a pretty pattern,tho isn't it? It looks like "just" a triangle granny with the hump hearts worked after ... if you squint really hard you can almost count the rows!

Fran

edit: double-argh!! I just called my mom & she said they drove past the factory outlet TWICE earlier this week, but didn't stop!!! Now I'm going to be pouting all day!

there were lots of patterns I liked in this catalog, but I agree with everyone here about the kits. I would rather have just the pattern. I sometimes like the pattern more than their choice of colors. I prefer to choose the color myself. I was considering the yarn on page 30, Serene striping yarn. Love round ripples anyway, but I really like the color choices available with the yarn.

My mom went to the factory outlet in Paris & this is what she said:

also Uncle took us too the Mary Maxim in Paris and the pattern is still on hold a mistake in it... bought and paid for one kit they will ship it to our place when they come in with the correction in the pattern..

so it you've already purchased one, you might want to check with Mary

Maxim to see if the pattern is correct, or where you can get the correction.

Fran

Okay, I just talked to the lady from Mary Maxim and she said anyone who bought this kit is getting the correction sent to them. Mine was sent out on Feb. 22nd. So thank you Very much for letting us know that there was a mistake in the pattern.

Carol:hook

(Mary Maxim's) Almost every week they have coupons for 30%, 40% or 50% off any item in the local newspaper.

I'm going to make the 90-minute journey out there one of these days. When I do, I hope I can find a local paper with a coupon. What paper is it? Do they usually put it in on a specific day of the month?

:) TIA

Is there a way to tell if I have the correct pattern? (A revision number or something?) What was the problem with the pattern? I just received my kit yesterday and I'm forcing myself to finish two WIPs before I take this up. :cry

I would try e-mailing them to see (give them your order #). My mom said that the lady at the store was very helpful, she pulled up the item number on the cmputer and said "yes we should have had it, but it's been delayed and the order flagged" then she checked to see why it had been flagged - they will ship the kit with the revision. So I assume that if you don't have a seperate sheet and if you already have it, that it is the incorrect version.

ALSO, if you drive to the factory for something specific and they don't have it ASK about it, my mom said that if pre-pay for it, they will ship it to you at no cost. It's thier fault for not having enough stock for thier customers. This does not apply if you order on-line or over-the-phone tho.

My mom said they had reduced the yarn section and had more scrapbooking, rug hooking and other crafts than they've had in previous visits. And that the kit was only available with the cream-coloured yarn, so if you wanted another colour, you would have to place a catalog order.

Hope this helps,

Fran

That is cute! I haven't gotten one of their catty's in quite a while. I'll have to get back on thier mailing list. I like this one:

http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10054_3074457345616709241_-1_15033_15034

I see that it takes an afghan hook. I'd probably would try working it with a regular hook though.

Archived