Mary Maxim Catalog-heart blanket on back cover

CLLinda

Hi everyone.

I received a new Mary Maxim catalog in the mail today and on the back cover, there is an incredible kit for a heart shaped blanket. It's in a creamy white, with a white ribbon all around it.It is so cute. $28.99. Which is kind of a lot, but it is just so unique. It looks fast and beautiful.

I guess I will probably order it on Monday.

Check it out.

:manyheart

Linda, too bad you didn't live closer to Port Huron, MI (location of Mary Maxim's) Almost every week they have coupons for 30%, 40% or 50% off any item in the local newspaper.

I'm gonna have to check that afghan out.

I got the magazine on Thurs or Fri and I was going to post this to see if anybody else saw it. It is really cute. I sure would like to have this one also. Especially because it's heart shaped. I just love hearts.

Carol:hook

Too bad I don't live closer. I would definately go get it with a coupon.

But if anyone knows any deals on shipping right now, please pass along the info. $9 is a lot for a mailing fee.

It is very pretty. And you can get it in another color. I may order flamingo as a color instead of the silk color.

I shouldn't order it, but it is so pretty.

:manyheart

The pattern actually looks like it would be easy to figure out, kinda like a granny square with only three sides instead of four. The "humps" on the top of the heart would be the difficult part, and I'm sure an edging from another pattern could be applied to this afghan. I know, easier said than done!

I ordered it yesterday and the color(Silk) pictured is on backorder. I was talking to the lady and she said she had been taking alot of orders for those. So I don't know when I'll be getting it. I guess it's a really popular item.

I received my catalog yesterday & it is a beautiful afghan. Sounds like it's going fast though . You better hurry up & order. I tried to order a tea party doily pattern from Annies & guess what?? They no longer have it & don't plan on getting any more in. I waited just a little tooooooo long. Margi

I ordered mine like 2 days ago and they said the color pictured "Silk" is on backorder. She didn't know when I would get it. Hopefully soon!!!! I guess it was a popular item. Alot of people were ordering them.

Im going to the Mary Maxim Store Tomorrow:c9 So Im going to see if they have that one here in Canada... Tomorrows my BD and Hubby asked what I wanted and I said I want to go to Mary Maxim and get what I want. so who knows what goodies I will be bringing home tomorrow (I know that someone on here (Wooly Swap Partner) will be getting something from me from there :hook

I absolutely love the sunflower pattern (I don't remember what page and the catalog is upstairs) but I have trouble spending $50 for a pattern and some acrylic yarn. Then add $10 for shipping. Yikes.

I just ordered one in the Camel color to make for my mom - so she'll have a hug for either her birthday or for Mother's Day ... her birthday is March 3, so I will need to make QUICK work of it to get it done and shipped to her by then.

It looks like a great size for a lapghan on a cool evening ... can't wait to get started on it!

I was at the Mary Maxims Store here in Paris Ontario on Saturday and they did not have the kit in stock but it will be in this week... So instead of getting the afghan kit I got the following items... Saturday was my Birthday so hubby let me get what I wanted....

Untitled-1.jpg

2 lb bags of mill ends it is very soft yarn black tweed...3 Baby Boucles I needed to finish an afghan....G size double ended crochet hook red and grey size 3 thread

Untitled-2.jpg

This is all Bernat Satin and I got this lovely brown amber colored ornament Im going to use as a clasp closure for a handbag

Untitled-3.jpg

The lavender is Mary Maxims Mellowspun it is so soft... the Brown and blue are Patons Canadiana....

I also got some wool for my Wolly swap partner but dont want to show that so she does not see it :hook

Most of the above items were on sale... At the mary maxim store they have a small room which is there clearance room and of course its the first place I go to when there... Boy I love that store....What is also neat is that they have at the front of the store a little area with table and chairs for the hubby's to sit and they have coffee and newspapers so hubby does not mind waiting :lol

I was at the Mary Maxims Store here in Paris Ontario on Saturday and they did not have the kit in stock but it will be in this week... So instead of getting the afghan kit I got the following items... Saturday was my Birthday so hubby let me get what I wanted....

Happy birthday. Nice, nice additions to your stash! But your hubby should let you get what you want ANY day of the year!

I wish we ould just order the pattern instead of the whole kit.

I'm with you...i'm always afraid of not having enough yarn with the kits. And, you can hold the pattern until you get a great deal on some yarn!

Happy birthday. Nice, nice additions to your stash! But your hubby should let you get what you want ANY day of the year!

Oh Believe me he does....I could go shopping everyday and he wouldnt say a word :manyheart He's the greatest hubby in the world he spoils me something awful...My girlfriends call me the spoiled Princess BRAT :lol

Archived