"New" Bernat Satin WW yarn

Starr

I have discovered a yarn that I think is my new favorite and, in my opinion, it's softer than Caron SS!

A couple of days ago I picked up Bernat Satin worsted weight, it says New on the label, so I don't know how long its been around.

It was only $1.99 for a 3.5 oz ball at my local JoAnns superstore. :hook

It felt really good and soft in the store and the colors are pretty, so I bought 4 balls for the comfort wrap I'm making for a friend.

I started working with it last night and WOW! it is soooooo silky working with it, it just glides so smoothly through my fingers!

I am just in LOVE with this yarn!!!!:manyheart

I haven't really had any issues with the yarn splitting on me either!

I can't wait to see how it drapes when I get this wrap finished!

I am using the spider's web lace stitch pattern from The Crochet Stitch Bible. It's so pretty so far!

The color I'm using is Camel. It's a nice neutral color, kind of tan with golden undertones.

Has anyone else used this yarn? And if anyone has, how is the drape?

I used this yarn a month ago to make a baby blanket. It had a nice drape to it. Very soft, and I think it was a bit easier to work with and softer than Caron simply soft as I recall. Tho of course it costs more than Caron Simply soft. ;)

Everyone thought the yarn was beautiful and the blanket came out nicely, so I guess the yarn was good for baby blankets at least. I'm sorry I don't know about drape per say, but I hope that helps? :blush

I've used it for 2 baby blankets last year (a granny square version and a crochet-on-the-double). I love how shiny and soft it is.

Last week I used it to edge a baby blanket - and I decided then that I wasn't going to use any other yarn for that (unless there was some in my stash).

It's great stuff!

I've made several beanies for my grandson with it, and gloves for my husband. They both love the fit and feel of the yarn. It has a nice sheen to it as well. I will be using it a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is fabulous. I have made several mobius wraps with it. It is such a good price for the yardage & quality. One of my fave discount yarn websites is discountyarnsale - dot com. They seem to always have Satin on sale, it might not be the colors you'd pick first, but the savings is great. Enjoy!

Archived