We've Got the T.E.A.M. - doll

darski

We’ve Got the T-E-A-M :pinterest

This is a 15 inch doll but she has specific design needs

post-4896-0-71960800-1364349232_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-33636100-1364349234.jpg

Use two colours of WW yarn as appropriate to a school near you. I used a 5mm (H) hook

Skirt: Start with Dk Green or your Main colour
Create a 1/4inch elastic waistband…

Row 1: 40 sc around and elastic waistband.

Row 2: Work DC around making a V-stitch (dc, ch 1, dc) in every 5th stitch.. you will have 8 V-st points.

Rows 3–5: Dc in every dc and V-st in every V-st
End out green but do not break off.

Row 6: Join Grey (or your Contrasting Colour) in another spot
Sc between stitches and work (sc ch 1, sc) in every V-st. End out Grey but do not break off.

Row 7: Pick up Green again and…
Sc between stitches and work (sc ch 1, sc) in every V-st. End out Green and break off.

Row 8: Pick up Grey again and…
ch 3, dc in every stitch around working V-st in each ch 1 space. Break off.

post-4896-0-26360400-1364349233.jpg

Make/attach panties to underside of skirt
With Green FPsc in every stitch around (40 sc)
Work 5 rows of double crochet joining at the end of each round.

Form Crotch. On the last round, mark the 20th and 21st stitches and when you have joined the last dc to the first, slip stitch into the 20th stitch and then into the 21st stitch and finally into the 40th stitch. Break off.

I really like this effect but I wanted a different effect when I was making the Skating Outfit. You could use this one there if you choose. (It’s all about options :wlol)

Top… With Green… Remember to work buttonholes or a closure as you wish.

Chain 31 (start in 2nd chain from hook)

Row 1: sc in 5, 2sc in 5, sc in 10, 2 sc in 5,sc in 5. Secure Green but do not break off

Row 2: (With Grey)sc in every sc. Break off Grey.

Row 3: (start with ch 3 as 1st dc)Pick up Green and dc in every stitch across.

Row 4: dc in 5, V-st, dc in 8, V-st, dc in 10, V-st, dc in 8, V-st, dc in 5.

Row 5 -6: Dc in every dc, V-st in every V-st. Mark the V-sts on row 6 if it helps.

Row 7: Divide out the sleeve stitches…
Sc in every stitch including the 1st V-st, sc in next V-st, sc in every stitch to next V-st, sc in next V-st, sc across.

Row 8: Dc in every stitch across but increase one at side seams. Try to set the increase right at what would be the side seam. Mark these increases if you need to.

Row 9: Dc to st before increase, ch 3, sl st into increase stitch (pick one) ch 3, dc in every stitch to next increase, ch 3, sl st into increase stitch, ch 3, dc in every stitch to end. Break off

The Team Letter.

post-4896-0-82025600-1364349233.jpg

With grey, ch 7, sl stitch in 2nd ch from hook, sl st in 2 ch, chain 5, sl stitch in 2nd ch from hook and next 3. finish with 3 sl stitches in the last three original chains. Leave a lo-o-ong tail to be able to sew the letter to the sweater.

post-4896-0-02595200-1364349238.jpg

Make 2 pom-poms in half green and half grey but use a long (doubled) thread to tie off so that you can make handles for them.

White cotton tennies…

post-4896-0-97473800-1364349236.jpgpost-4896-0-43586400-1364349237.jpg

Row 1: Chain 7 and work sc around chain. Work 4 sc in heel (start) end and 5 sc in toe end.

Row 2: work sc in heel area and hdc around rest of sole. Work 2 sc in 3 sts at heel end and 2 hdc in 4 sts at toe end.

Start Uppers
Row 1: Chain 1 and flip sole so right side is down. Work FPhdc in every stitch around sole staying at outer edge and join.

Row 2: find and mark the central hdc of the toe area.
Work hdc along side making one decrease, but stop 3 stitches before marked central hdc. Work a 3dc cluster (a double decrease) in next 3 sts, hdc in next st <chain 4, 2 tr, ch 4 into hdc just made> (this forms the tongue) work a 3dc cluster in next 3 sts, hdc to end. Join and break off.

Because the hdc can get stretched out of shape from so many stitches worked into it I tied the working yarn tightly around the base of the tongue to attach it and complete the shoe upper.

So attach yarn as suggested and then
Work 2 hdc, sc around and end with 2 hdc. Break off.

Get two strands of yarn – one of each of your colours and use a tapestry needle to “Tie” the shoes. The shoes can be put on and off with the ties in place so it might be good to secure the bow with a drop of glue.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

You are so full of creativity, Darci, and talented enough to execute your ideas! Thank you.........Thank you..........Thank you! Also, thank you for the prompt answer on the msg. I sent you last nite. I shall add this to my collection!!!!!!!

:cheer Cheers for your talents, your creativity, and your willingness to share!!!

Maggitee

Wow Darski you have been making some awesome outfits for the Dora doll. My god daughter loves Dora and she has a Dora doll but not that one. I guess I just might have to get one.

I agree with Tampa Doll! Go Eagles!

Thanks again Darski! Another great outfit!

By the time my 1 year old niece is ready for this, Dora will have a whole closet full of clothes! My 4 year old niece lives in Tampa so I will have to call up my sister and see what her school colors will be when she goes to school.

I am going to try and get to Wal-Mart tonight and get at least 2 dolls so that I can get started on these!

THANK YOU!!

call me dumb...approx...what length of elastic to start?

Start by tying the elastic around Dora's thighs as this is the widest part of her. pull the elastic so that it goes comfortably over this area but is not strained. This is how I do it - then you know it fits.

I am wondering if the larger ponytail elastics would work for this. they would be much neater than the knot in the elastic..

Archived